Just A Stretch

(Headcanon: Urushihara brings out his wings to stretch while on his laptop)

Over time, Urushihara had managed to accumulate a fair amount of magic from the little incidents that occurred in the neighbourhood. Maybe even enough, he hoped, to bring his wings out.

Once again, Maou was at work and Ashiya was about to leave for the store. As soon as the door was closed and he heard the footsteps on the stair fade, Urushihara closed his eyes and focused his magic. He smiled softly as his wings opened behind him and sighed.

For the most part, having a human body hadn't been such a big change for him. Angels were similar enough in shape and size to humans, after all. But missing his wings made things a little awkward at times. Not that anyone would notice since he didn't move around much, but he'd often felt their presence between his shoulder blades while he was sitting at his computer - phantom wings. It felt so strange to just exist without them.

Now that he was stretching them out, albeit in a cramped space, he was so much more comfortable. So much more natural. He couldn't help but flap them lightly; this was one of those rare moments of happiness for Urushihara.

It didn't last long though.

He raised his wings once more then suddenly paused at the unmistakable sound of footsteps running up the stairs. The door slammed open and Ashiya stormed in, making Urushihara jump. His wings snapped shut, quivering in fear, but didn't disappear.

"What were you doing?!"

"I-"

"Think, you idiot!" What if someone had passed by? The curtains are wide open, anyone could have seen you!"

"I was just..."

Slap.

His wings vanished as he winced and held a hand to his face. He wasn't ready for that.

"... You didn't have to hit me..." he muttered, looking down.

"Where did you get the magic for that, anyway?"

"Nothing big... And nothing I did..."

Ashiya groaned and turned away. He had more important things to deal with than Urushihara.