Take the Risk

(Hey, so, I'm considering cutting back to just one update a week instead of two. First off, I have uni assignments to do over the next two months and second, I'm running out of headcanons and I really want to make this last as long as I possibly can~ Keep sending me headcanon suggestions, there's been so many fun ones to write and I'm struggling to come up with my own at the moment (because uni ¬.¬). I'm not sure which day I'll be uploading, either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Any preferences? Also, I made two OCs just on the fly for this chapter)

(Headcanon: Urushihara sneaks out to meet up with his online friends. Suggested by lauren_julia234)

Urushihara was sat, as always, at his laptop, staring at a message in the screen. He turned his head just enough so that he could see Maou at the table behind him and Ashiya in the kitchen, but thankfully, neither of them were paying any attention to him. He looked back at the message.

He tapped his finger on the mouse a few times and bit his lip. He really wasn't sure what to do in this situation.

Yo you live in Tokyo right? I'm gonna be coming over there next weekend, meeting up with Momo, you up for it?

Leaving the apartment.

To socialise.

With people Maou and Ashiya didn't know about.

There were so many reasons to say no, but he was strangely tempted. They were his friends. And he had the opportunity to see them face-to-face.

He did let me go out once before... But that was at night, and in a costume...

He leaned forward on the desk as he thought.

They don't know that I literally can't go out. How am I supposed to come up with a good excuse not to?

Well, he did have an excuse, but...

I can't tell them the real reason...

Next weekend. Maou definitely had a long shift next Saturday. But what about Ashiya?

Even if he's out too, I can't guarantee it'll be for long enough.

He could always find a way to get him out. Urushihara sighed softly.

Alright. I'll only need an hour or two...

He'd already tracked down Maou's work schedule some time ago, so knowing when he would be gone wouldn't be too difficult. For now, he would just go by that. Quickly typing a reply, he glanced back once more, but they still hadn't noticed his little panic.

I can't believe I'm gonna do this.

When the day finally came and Maou had already left for MgRonald's, Urushihara sat impatiently at his desk. Ashiya was checking the fridge and cupboards, which were almost completely bare. Of course, Urushihara had made sure of that. He'd be at the store for a while, and he would have to take his time on the way back with everything he'd have to carry. Plus, Urushihara had convinced him to stop at the library on the way there, to save time on going back out again later.

It wasn't much longer before Ashiya left and Urushihara could make his temporary escape. But not before swiping some money from Ashiya's secret funds, and his hat.

He was still a little unfamiliar with his surroundings, having only been out after dark before, and no further than the bath house. Although, street view did give him a pretty good idea of where he was going. He made it to Sasazuka station and waited, awkwardly avoiding anyone and everyone's gaze. He kept his head down until he heard a girl's excited voice.

"Hanzo...!"

He looked up to see a black-haired girl around his assumed age waving as she walked over to him. Close behind her, a boy also of the same age,walked with his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face.

Momoko and Shizuka.

Urushihara couldn't help but smile back as they approached. He waved at Momoko, albeit a bit shyly. Now standing next her, he realised she was only just taller than him. Clearly, she noticed this as well and gave him a childish pat on the head, along with a drawn out "aww!". His face immediately dropped into an irritated pout and he silently removed her hand from his head. Shizuka sniggered from behind and a second later, the three of them were all laughing.

Still not 100% comfortable being out, Urushihara was mostly quiet on the train. Momoko and Shizuka had been talking to him online for long enough that they knew this wasn't anything out of the ordinary for him, so they decided to just let him be. But he only grew more nervous when they arrived at Hatagaya station.

Oh no...

And then it grew into dread when Shizuka pointed out the MgRonald's and suggested they eat there. Urushihara hesitated for a moment, briefly peeking in through the window. Maou was right there, at the counter, serving customers. There was no way he could go in there.

"Hanzo?"

"Something wrong?"

They had both stopped walking and were looking back at him, half questioning, half worried.

Worried?

He was on the spot now and his mind went blank.

"Uh... Ya see..." he took a step away from the window, "Ok, so I'm not really supposed to be out of the apartment right now and one of my roommates works here, so..." he looked away.

"Ohh..." Momoko nodded, "I get it. So you snuck out?"

Urushihara nodded once, then looked up in surprise at his friend's response.

"No worries, dude! We can find another place."

Huh. Well, this was nice. No getting mad at him for lying, or rather, not telling them the whole truth. No telling him to suck it up and deal with it. He felt a soft smile on his lips as Shizuka led the way around the corner.

But he should have known his whole day couldn't be perfect.

Back at home, he sat down at his desk and opened his laptop. Only a few minutes later, Ashiya arrived home, and Maou soon after. Although Urushihara was facing away, he could feel Maou's eyes on him. Glaring.

"So... How was your day, Urushihara?"

Urushihara knew that tone. Ashiya did to, and turned to look.

"Did you have fun on your little day out?"

At this, Urushihara tensed up, feeling Ashiya watching him now too.

"In public? In broad daylight?" he was standing over him now, Urushihara avoiding eye contact, "What were you thinking?"

"I-I just wanted to meet my internet friends, ok? Nobody noticed me, I didn't get arrested or anything, so it's all good, right?" his voice trembled.

"All good, huh?" Maou placed a hand firmly on top of Urushihara's head and forced him to meet his eyes, "Listen. We made an agreement when you first came here. You stay here and research, and I let you stay in my apartment, away from where anyone can find you. If you're going out, then that's it. Are you telling me you want to call the deal off?"

"No! I was careful, alright? I didn't get caught. It won't be a regular thing, I swear."

There was a pause. Ashiya stood back to observe, not getting involved. Urushihara looked up at Maou with pleading eyes as Maou glared back.

"... You got one more chance."