14. The Bullying Carries On

~ Three Months Later ~

Noelani's pov
It's been three months of me going to this public school already... The bullying has been getting worse. I have no friends, everyone here gangs up on me because I'm a care kid. They laugh at me for not having parents. They find it the funniest thing ever.

I can tell that the care workers are struggling with me now. But it's not my fault that I am frightened to go into school. It's not my fault I don't want to get hurt. They have been talking about having me transferred to another care home instead from another school. The other kids are on my side, none of my family members wanted me. And now the care workers are on the edge of not wanting me. I guess I really am unwanted. I guess I should of died in the car crash too.

I have fresh cuts from the bullying but I run upstairs when I get home. I have taken Zoe's makeup to cover up the marks. Nobody knows that I have taken it though. I have hidden it under a floorboard that I have pulled up by my bed.

But right before now, the older kids at school were having their fun with me. Pulling my hair, punching me in the stomach. They just won't stop. They do it where no teachers can see them and where I can't be heard. They say that I deserve it. A six year old girl that keeps her head down and stays out of the way, deserves to be beaten. I don't understand that. It's cruel, picking on a kid that's lost the only people in her world. To then be chucked with a group of strangers and then to be beaten five days a week by kids of all ages from six to eleven.

I have nobody. I have grown apart from the other kids at the care home. I don't play with Toby or Jack anymore. It's just me and Mr Teddy. It's hell. Not having any friends or even a person to talk to. The teachers have turned against me. Ms Carter doesn't like my work like she use to. Mr McCready uses his cane on me at least three times a week. I don't tell Mike. It didn't work the first time I told him so why would it work the second, third or forth?

I just do my work. Hand it in, get the grades I deserve. Go to break/ lunch, get bullied in any form I can. Go back to the care home. Go into my room and don't come out until the next morning. Weekends I just stay in my room. I play with my toys or read until I grow tired. It's the endless cycle of my now hellish life. I can't see anything getting better for me. I'm just a weak, tiny six year old girl. I let the bullies push me around because if I fight back I get something ten times worse. I just cover up my body with jumpers and taken makeup from the other girls.

"Noelani?" I hear Jack ask through my door.

"Go away. I want to be on my own." I say sitting against the door with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Please let me in. I never get to see you anymore. We can even play princesses." He says with hope in his voice.

"I don't want to play with you or anybody! Just leave me alone." I cry.

"Noelani we all love you. Please don't hide from us." I hear him sliding down my door.

"You always make me go to school. I don't want to go and Mike always forces me. I tell you I get bullied and you never believe me. I don't want to be playing with other bullies as well." I cry, hugging Mr Teddy to my chest.

"But we aren't bullies. We care about you. I do... Please let me in. Even for five minutes?" He asks.

"No, I'm going to sleep." I lie to him.

"You can fall asleep while I sit with you. I won't mind." He says softly.

"Jack just give up." I say looking at my door.

"I'm not giving up until I see you." He says firmly.

I grumble under my breathe. I stand up and open the door. I sprint to my wardrobe and hide in it. I have a bruise near my eyes and it's hard to cover up. Make up isn't working that well to hide it. But none of the other have realised yet. I hear him walk in and the wardrobe doors open. I push myself right into the back of the wardrobe, behind all of my clothes. This would be the perfect moment for the back to open and I tumble backwards into Narnia. But life isn't a fairy tale. Even at my age I now know that.