52. A Christmas Like No Other

Songs for this chapter:
White Winter Hymnal - Pentatonix
Winter Wonderland/ Don't Worry Be Happy - Pentatonix ft Tori Kelly
That's Christmas To Me - Pentatonix

~~~~~~~~~~

Noelani's pov
I say goodbye to Scarlett and Maggie as they go to spend Christmas with their families. It's the night of Christmas Eve and I will be spending it alone as planned and said by myself and many. It should be okay though. I mean, it'll be weird but I am going to carry on with mine and Mike's traditions like I had promised. It'll just me and a quiet house.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Scarlett asks me.

"Yes! Now go! I want to go to bed!" I say pushing her out the house.

"Okay, I hope tomorrow is nice for you. Merry Christmas sweetheart." She says, kissing my cheek and running to her car.

"Bye!" I call as I wave goodbye to her.

They both drive away and I close the door and lock it behind me. I get changed into my pj's and do the first thing me and Mike do on Christmas Eve. I set out cookies, milk and a carrot for Santa! I giggle to myself, almost sixteen years old and I still leave things out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. I have done it since forever, I don't want to stop just because of a number or a fake belief. I leave out a chocolate chip cookie, half a glass of cold milk and a small carrot. I go into the quiet room and lay on the couch when I get a text from Tyler.

'Hey gorgeous! I hope you have a nice Christmas! I love you lots, sugar plum! ~Tilly xx'

I giggle as I also get text messages similar to Tyler's but from Troye and Connor. They have all gone away for Christmas so I will be alone, no friends coming round and no kiss under the mistletoe from Connor, another year of not having my first kiss under the mistletoe. I sigh and text them back wishing them a Merry Christmas and that I love them too. I lock my phone and go upstairs. I shut all of the doors and and turn off the lights. I go up to my room and shut my bedroom door, grabbing my journal and writing in it quickly. Nothing too important though.

I put my journal away and turn my lights off and lay in my bed. I cuddle Mr Teddy and wish him a Merry Christmas. I sigh slightly as I get comfy with no heartbeat to listen to and I fall asleep, wondering how weird Christmas is going to be tomorrow.

I wake up and it's eight in the morning. I sigh to myself. No Mike jumping on my bed like a child, squealing for me to wake up and to open our stockings together. I go to my bedroom door and unhook the stocking hanging on the door handle. I sit back in my bed and take out all of the small presents. I unwrap them all revealing candy, fluffy socks, a new journal and some fancy pens. I put on my fluffy socks that have a cute cow pattern on them as my feet are cold, as usual.

I grab Mr Teddy and make my way downstairs. I look at the plate and cup for santa and it's been untouched. I let out a sad breath and look at Mr Teddy.

"No one else is going to eat or drink it..." I say, grabbing to cookie and milk and eating and drinking it.

I go into the living room where all of my presents are. This feels so lonely... I actually hate this a lot. I sit on the floor, placing Mr Teddy next to me. I look round the room, decorations that are new and old. Looking at where Mike would be sat if he was here and the small space that we left for him to be sat in. I take the first present which is from Maggie. I open it and it's my traditional new Christmas jumper. It's red and white and knitted. Snowflakes, zig zags and reindeer patterns. I like it. I sit it down behind me and take the next.

By the time I have reached the last few presents I have received clothes from the other kids that live here, jewelry from Scarlett and Maggie. Some floral vans from Jack and Finn, makeup from Zoe and Naomi and some cute things for my bedroom from Joe and Caspar. Me, Connor, Tyler and Troye are going to exchange presents when they come home in a few days. I have no idea who the last presents are from. I have had presents from everyone already... I take one and read the label.