30. I know you feel how much it takes me to get through another day...

Brian's POV

I woke up to a nurse hovering over me, messing with all these stupid IV's I had. I grabbed her hand.

"Mandy? Is she okay? What happened?" I asked her all these questions at once and she looked at me sadly.

"Mr. Haner, Mandy has fallen into a deep coma, we don't know the cause of it and we are running all the tests possible. I will be sure to have to night nurse keep you updated."

I didn't know what to think or how to even act, it seemed like a minute ago she was telling me that she loved me and we were off to be together, happily. But now we were stuck in this situation and all I wanted was for her to be okay, even if I had to give her up.

"I need to see her sister, Alisha. Is there any way you can have her come in here?" The nurse nodded and walked out.

I waited impatiently for Alisha to come see me. When the door opened I only expected it to be Alisha, but when I saw Carey, I was very surprised.

"Brian, can we talk for a minute?" I knew that I needed to talk to him, I couldn't just kick him out, me and Mandy had hurt him and he honestly didn't deserve it.

"Yeah. Come in." He walked in, closed the door, and leaned against the wall opposite my bed.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing and if you know anything about Mandy? Alisha is shutting me out." He said sadly.

I lied there confused. "But you're Mandy's husband? Can't you just ask?"

He shook his head. "Alisha is Mandy's Power of Attorney, she made it so that she is the only one that can receive information on Mandy's condition, and I guess she doesn't want any of us to hide something from her."

I nodded understandingly. "You haven't been able to see her?"

He shook his head once again. "No one has.. Alisha can't bring herself to go in there because of Brad and Matt has been with Jimmy and Leana. Honestly, I think we are all scared to see how she is."

I stayed quiet. "They took you to go see her didn't they?" He asked suddenly.

I didn't know if I should lie, or tell the truth. I actually wanted Alisha to know what happened first. "Well, I wanted to talk to Ali about this first, but I think I owe you the truth."

He stayed quiet waiting for me to continue. "I actually went to see her a couple hours ago, she woke up and told me she loved me, then I woke up in my room. The nurse told me she fell into a deep coma and they are still trying to figure out the cause. I don't know what else is going on. You would have to take it up with Alisha. I actually asked the nurse to call her in here."

I noticed a tear fall from Carey's eyes and the guilt set in. Mandy was his wife, I was just the other guy. This wasn't fair to him.

"Carey, I know this isn't fair to you and I'm sorry. I didn't want this to happen, I tried to move on, but something just kept pulling me and Mandy together, as hard as we tried, there was no way we could stay apart."

"I know Brian, but you shouldn't be the one apologizing."

I sat up and looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"The night of Robin's party, I overheard you talking to Alisha about Mandy and I knew that she loved you too. I knew that Mandy was considering leaving me for you, before the wedding. But I couldn't let her go; I needed her to be with me. I pressured her into pushing up the wedding. I avoided the family get together afterwards so you guys couldn't talk, and I guess that's what made you two pull further apart."