Have you heard?

"Have you heard? About the dollars?"

"The Dollars? You mean that Internet gang?"

News of the Dollars has spread all around Ikebukuro. Everyone has been talking about it! They've been talking about the Dollars, and how mysterious they are. No color, no leader, no rules.

That is, except Sekai Shuga. Today, at Junior High, was the first time he had ever heard talk about The Dollars.

"Shuga-kun!!"

The sound of his friend's shout woke him up from his nap. Shuga lifted his head from his desk.

"Have you heard about The Dollars?" His friend, Orsore asked.

"Wh-what?" Shuga said, tired.

Orsore's jaw dropped. "The Dollars. You know, the online color gang? Uh.. Well I don't know what color they are but.. Ya know!"

"No, I don't know.." Shuga mumbled grumpily. "And I don't care."

Orsore stomped his feet. "WHAT???!!!?!!!?? Dude, you don't know?!!? You gotta look this up! As soon as you get home!!!!!!!"

"I told you, I don't care.." Shuga muttered.

"But you gotta care!!!!! Rumor says the Headless Rider is a member!!!!" Orsore shouted.

The bell rang. That really woke Shuga. He jumped up.

"Yo, wanna walk home together?" Orsore asked.

"Not if you're going to talk about the dollars the whole time." Shuga snapped back.

"Ughhh fine I won't." Orsore grumbled.

On the way home, the two buddies talked about the latest chapters of their favorite manga. Sekai Shuga never spent too much time online. He had a computer, but he spent the majority of his time watching anime on TV and reading books. I guess, he's what you'd call an otaku.

Shuga slammed his door shut. "Hey mom, I'm home!" He shouted.

"How was your day, honey?" His mom kindly asked.

"It was alright." Shuga uttered.

Immediately, he ran upstairs to his room, and logged onto his computer. Shuga couldn't deny he was slightly curious about the Dollars.

He googled it, and clicked on the first link. He read The Dollars, in a spotted font. Bellow that, it asked for a password.

Desperate to find out what it was, he googled for passwords. He had finally found it. Baccano.

Shuga signed up for the dollars. He was now a member of the all too famous gang. He joined one of the chat logs. It was titled "Good evening".

~Sugar Sama joined the chat~

Aka- Hey! New Member!
DeskoDood- Sweet! Welcome!
Sugar Sama- sup?
Aka- nothin, just eatin some instant ramen.
Deskodood- same, nothing, but I did see the headless rider today!
Sugar Sama- really? What was it like???!!
Deskodood- it went by so fast, I don't even know... Pitch black, yellow helmet..
Sugar Sama- I tried to get a pic of it one time, but it came out blurry.
Aka- I've never seen it before..
Deskodood- I wonder if it's true.. If it really is headless...
Sugar Sama- I doubt it.
Deskodood- You doubt it? I think it's headless!!
Sugar Sama- yeaaaa well, I guess you never know here. I gotta get going. Talk to ya soon!
Aka- bye!!
Deskodood- cya soon!!!

~Sugar Sama left the chat~