2. Meeting The Fiance'

It was 7:00 a.m. when Anna woke up. She stretched and quickly dressed into her red sweetheart cut princess gown with matching strappy heels and skin-tight long lacy sleeves. She put on her matching red tiara and her gold hoop earrings and bangle. *Perfect. At least I only have to wear this stupid dress to meet him.* She thought happily and quickly went down the stairs to meet her parents. "Is he here yet?"

"He should be here any minute. Why don't you go wait for him in town?" Boris said.

"Ok." She replied and quickly went to grab her horse from the stables. She quickly put the saddle on and strapped it tight. She got on and sped straight for town.

When she got there, she tied her horse to a pole and walked over to the entrance. It was only five minutes later when a fancy Italian carriage pulled up. She watched as the coachman opened the door and out stepped her fiance'. *Wow! He's GORGEOUS!* She thought and smiled.

The man smiled back and bowed. "I am Prince Gabriel Van Helsing. It's nice to meet you." He said.

Anna curtsied. "It's good to meet you too, Prince Gabriel. I am Princess Anna Marie Valerious."

Gabriel smiled. "You're much more gorgeous than your parents described."

She blushed. "Why thank you, Kind Sir. And I must say, I was not expecting such a handsome man. You are quite the catch yourself."

Now it was Gabriel's turn to blush. "Thank you, My Lady. Shall we go to your home?"

"Of course." She replied and walked over untying her horse. "This is Shadow. She was born all black. The only one that way. I figured Shadow was the perfect name."

"She's quite a beautiful horse, Princess."

"Oh, please. Call me Anna. I don't like titles."

"Ok. But you must only call me Gabriel in return." He replied.

"Don't like titles either?"

"Not at all."

"Alright then. Gabriel it is." She said and got on Shadow.

He got on behind her and they rode back to the manor.

They got there and dismounted. Anna put the saddle away and quickly gave Shadow a carrot for being good. She turned to Gabriel with a smile. "Shall we go inside?"

"Of course." Gabriel replied and took her hand in his.

Anna felt tingles go up her arm at the contact and unknowingly so did he. She subconsciously stepped closer to him and led him inside. "Mama! Papa! We're here!"

Annabelle and Boris came into the den and smiled. "Prince Gabriel. So good to see you again. I take it you and Anna have spoken of each other a bit?" Annabelle asked.

"Yes. Mostly just greeted, but we spoke a little. And it's good to see your highnesses again as well. My parents can't wait to get here Thursday. They are excited to talk wedding plans with you."

"How wonderful. And is Rose coming as well?"

"Yes. She said she can't wait to meet her sister-in-law. She's coming with them on Thursday."

"That's great!"

"Well, I guess we'll leave you to it." Boris said with a smile and he dragged Annabelle back to the kitchen with him.

Anna turned to Gabriel with a smile. "Shall I give you the grande tour?"

"I actually would like to change out of these itchy clothes first if you don't mind."

"Good idea. I HATE dresses." She replied.

"Then you shall show me your room and mine."

Anna gladly took him up the stairs to her room at the end of the hall. "This is my room. And YOUR room, is two doors down on the left."

"Cool. Shall I meet you back here or in the den?"

"Here is fine."

"Ok." Gabriel said and went to his own room to change.

Anna closed her door and quickly changed from her dress and strappy heels to her red riding outfit from the movie. She put her corset and jacket on then smiled as she put the tiara away. There was a knock on the door and she opened it. "Wow." She said a little surprised. Gabriel was dressed in black from head to toe. (AN: Outfit in movie)

"Is there something wrong?"

"No! No, not at all. I'm just a bit surprised. I didn't expect you to be in all black."

"Oh. Yeah. This is what I normally wear."

"I like it. Makes you look mysterious."

"Thanks. And I LOVE yours! Makes you not only more beautiful, but makes you look tough and confident."

Anna blushed at that. "I guess I am pretty tough. Mostly just confident though."

"Well, you look quite lovely none the less, Anna." He said and kissed the back of her hand. "Oh. I bought you this." He said pulling out and opening a small velvet box. It held a platinum band with a heart-shaped ruby in it.

She gasped. "It's... BEAUTIFUL!"

"You really like it? I was afraid it might be too much. Not money, but extravagant."

"No. No. Not at all. It's PERFECT. Thank you." She said.

He put it on her left ring finger and smiled. "It looks even better on."

Anna smiled and put her arm through his. "Ready for that tour?"

"Definitely." He replied with a smile back.