The Proclamation That Will Change Everything

As I was getting my dress tailored for Ben's coronation, I noticed Ben staring out the window, toward the Isle of the lost until the tailor turned his head to measure it.
"Sleeve... head... ah-ha," the tailor mumbled as he worked. I was in my own little world until the doors opened and Ben's parents walked in.
"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?" King Beast asked as they walked towards us. "you're just a baby!"
"He's turning 16 dear." Queen Belle said to her husband, smiling.
"Hey, Pops," Ben started "Hello King Beast , Queen Belle," I said not wanting to be rude.
But it went unnoticed as Beast kept talking. "16? that's far too young to be crowned king," Beast said as Belle grabbed a coat off of a chair and started to fold it. "I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." Belle scoffed.
"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28," she said.
"Well it was either you or the teapot." Beast joked. He smiled at Belle and then winked at me and Ben who chuckled while I gave a small smile holding in my laugh. "Kidding."
Then Beast looked my way "And Gigi you will be Royal Adviser, are you ready for that kind of responsibility?" he said.
"Ready as I'll very be." I replied "Mom, Dad," Ben said. "I have chosen my first official proclamation."
As Beast and Belle looked at each other, Ben took a deep breath before continuing, "I have decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance to live here in Auradon." Ben said.
Beast and Belle looked at Ben shocked. Ben continued walking toward his parents "Every time I look out to the island I feel like they've been abandoned! And Gigi agrees with me," he parents looks toward me. "It is hard to ignore his enthusiasm." I said.
Beast glanced out the window, asking Ben in disbelief." The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?"
Ben nodded. "We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most, and I've already chosen them," Ben said.
"Have you?" Beast asked looking skeptical. Belle placed her hand on Beast's arm." I gave you a second chance," she reminded him softly. Beast's demeanor softened. She then turned to Ben. "Who are their parents?" she asked.
"Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen," Ben slowly said before pausing briefly and then continues, "and Maleficent."
Both of his parents looked shocked and the tailor that was fixing my dress, pricked my leg with a needle when she heard the name.
"Ouch!" I exclaimed "MALEFICENT!? She is the worst villain in the land!" Beast roared. "Dad, just hear me out-" Ben pleaded
"I won't hear of it." Beast said strongly. Both tailors stepped out of the room, closing the door.
"They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." Beast continued. "Dad, their children are innocent." Ben protested
"Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal live?" Ben continued.
"Dad?" he pleaded. Belle looked at her husband with an imploring expression on her face. After exchanging some looks Beast sighed.
"I suppose... their children are innocent." Beast finally said causing Ben to smile.
"Well done." Belle told Ben before walking out with Beast. As his parents left the room, I looked toward Ben "That went well, don't you think?" He look at me then walked over to the window. I walked over to him looking out the window, at the small island with the
magical barrier around it, he looks down at the gold, beast-head on his finger. I hope he made the right decision.