Those pink lips (Marc Marquez)

A request by   for a story about Marc Marquez! Our first little story in English, isn't that brilliant? :) 

Hope you'll like it, dear!

*

It's Friday morning and the paddock is full of photographers, mechanics, managers, riders, umbrella girls and journalists. Especially here, in Mugello. Sometimes, when you go for a walk around the paddock, you can't move anywhere, sometimes, you can't even see through the crowd. Many people come here just to see Rossi and Marquez, but they're not here yet. They are still in their motorhomes, but Rossi does show up after around half an hour while Marc is still safe and sound in his bed.

His fans are waiting for him, but he's not coming out. His manager often looks at his watch, because it's time for the free practice. He goes looking for him to his motorhome and knocks on the door, yelling: "Marc! Come out!" but he does not answer, so he knocks again. "Maaaarc..."

Nothing.

He really starts to yell now. He takes a deep breath when he hears something move in the motorhome and after a few seconds, Marc's head finally shows up behind the door. He looks so tired and so lazy, but already in his leathers, ready to ride. The manager takes his hand and pulls him directly on the moped and drives him straight to the garages.

Marc sits in his chair and throws his head back, looks at the ceiling and closes his eyes. He falls asleep immediately. His mechanics just laugh, but for the manager it's pretty serious. He throws his pen at Marc and he quickly opens his eyes. "What?"

"Get on the fucking bike, I said." He repeats, Marc stands up and walks to his Honda. "What did you do yesterday?!"

"None of your business." Marc cuts him off and sits on the bike, that's already waiting for him outside, running. Luckily for him, nobody can hear him anymore after he puts on his helmet and drives out onto the track.

*

Angela. Angela Zebi. Angie. Fuck, so gorgeous. Marc thoughts wander while driving his first lap of the Friday free practice.

Stay focused. He tells himself after a small wobble, when he exits a corner.

I've never been on a date like that. She just... got me. Thoughts wander again. She had those green eyes, I could see everything she was thinking about... and... such soft brown hair... pink lips... those pink lips... sweet...

Stay. Fucking. Focused. He gets mad at himself and tries focusing on his riding, but a few flashbacks from the previous night keep him away from riding at his full speed.

He finishes with a 5th best time, comes into the garage a bit mad, but still with her in his mind. I wish you were here.

And suddenly, a girl does walk across the garage. But it's not Angela. Marc looks from her high heels up her legs, her GAS jean shorts, up her Honda white shirt and at her face. It's Laia. Laia! LAIA?! He feels a sudden urge to get up and yell at somebody for hiring her, but fails. Where's Angela?

He looks around but can't see her, so he stands up. Laia sees him and walks straight up to him. "Hello, Marc." She says with that exact seductive voice that made him despise her. He knew she didn't only talk to him like that, when they were dating.

"Where's my current umbrella girl?" he asks a bit annoyed.

"Which one? That little brunette?" she chirps.

"Angela."

"Oh, Angela. Hm, she's called in sick today."

LIAR! Just one serious look by Marc tells Laia that he means business.

"Okay, okay. She's Dani's today."

"You did this, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did! You should stop dating umbrella girls, Marc!" she gets a bit mad, but lets him be. Laia walks out, holding her umbrella, posing for the photographers as if nothing has happened.

*

Marc would never admit he's jealous. But sitting on his Honda at the starting grid feels so wrong because his umbrella girl is not the right one. Laia is smiling though. Her big red lips are in a wide smile, it feels as if she's proud to be the girl next to him instead of Angela.

But Marc's face is blank. He doesn't dare to look back at Dani's umbrella girl, the one who was supposed to be standing next to him.

The race starts badly with Marc starting so poorly it knocked him down to 8th place. He can't find a steady pace and can only come up to 5th, which is really bad for the championship and after the race, he can't do anything else but sit in his garage with his face in his palms, hoping Laia would just fuck off and Angela would...

"Marc!" Angela! Marc lifts up his head and sees the familiar face at the door, which puts a smile on his face. But he soon notices she's not smiling. In fact, she looks like she's going to murder someone. "What the fuck was that?" she asks, walking straight to him.

Oops... Marc is completely confused, looking at her raging face and leaning back slightly as she bends down and looks him straight in the eyes. "Why did you take HER?"

"Her?"

"YES! LAIA!" she points her long finger at the other umbrella girl who was standing outside.

"I didn't take her... She just..."

"She said you wanted her instead of me! What did I do wrong, Marc? Is it still because I'm not 18 yet?!"

"No, I didn't-"

"We're done, Marc!"

"Angie..." he tries going calmly on her.

"I don't want to live like this!"

"Angela!" he raises his voice a bit, just enough so she shuts up. "We have to talk alone. Okay?" She didn't answer. "I'll delay my interviews and we'll go talk into the motorhome right. Now." He stands up and grabs her hand, completely surprising her, and pulls her outside, on the moped, right out through the crowds, ignoring all fans and straight in front of the motorhome. He was used of rides like this but this one was really important to just be inside as fast as possible.

"Why all this rush..." she sounds a bit shocked.

"She did this." Marc rushes. "I wanted you there!"

"You did?"

"Yes. She messed with my plans, made something up and gave you to Dani, I don't even know how she did that, but she did. And I was mad. I thought you wanted to go there..."

"And I thought you still love her..."

"I don't! I think I never properly did." Marc sighs. "I knew it was a mistake dating an umbrella girl. But I got a bit carried away at my championship celebration... And I'm sorry about that. I should have been smarter."

"Marc, I'm an umbrella girl."

"Because I made you one!" Marc laughs. "I didn't mean it like that." He gives her a calm smile. "I think I'll have to make it official to everyone that I'm dating you without the concern of them thinking you're still underage."

"You do?" A smile appears on Angela's lips. "Also, I'll be legal in a month!"

"Yeah, so... I think we're not officially dating yet, now are we?"

"We aren't..." Angela smiles some more, knowing what happens next.

"Angie, will you be my official girlfriend?"

"Yes!" Angela throws herself around his neck, almost strangling him. "I was waiting for this question." She whispers softly into his ear, making him feel goose bumps all over his body.

"And you know what?" Marc whispers back.

"What?"

"I love you." He looks into her eyes, feeling the sensation flow through him as he leans in and gently kisses those pink lips.

"I love you, too." She whispers back and kisses him again. 

 ~ Kylie~