[21]

8 months later

Pony's POV

Lolly and I were waiting in the lobby along with the rest of the gang. Then a women walked out and asked "Marie Curtis?" We all stood up at the same time and the fastest I've ever seen any of us stand up. Then she showed us to a room.

When we walked in we heard nothing but saw Marie holding a small little bundle of blue. I walked over and saw the most beutiful thing ever. I saw first of all Dally and Darry smiling the two people that smile the least. Then I saw Jonathan. He had blonde hair the type that was almost white just like Dally's. Then it had the dancing eyes of Mom, Soda, and Marie. She then handed the baby to me and I pulled it close to me. I truly can't wait to see this child grow up. I then turned around to Dally and asked "Have you held him?" Dally shook his head and I instantly handed the baby to him. It was obvious Dal had never held a baby. He was standing very awkward and was having trouble putting Jonathan in the right position. I saw Marie's head nod if as to say "Help him please." So I moved his arms to how they were supposed to be. "There like that." I said while stepping back. He then relaxed and pulled the child close to his chest. I saw Dally smile from ear to ear then he remember the whole gang was standing there. He walked over to Darry and said "Here's your nephew Darrel." That was the biggest I've ever seen Darry smile. He held the child and just like that I saw tears welling up in his eyes. He let one tear fall then handed Jonathan to Soda. Soda smiled his usual movie star smile and laughed a little. Then Two-Bit held him "Hey watcha name him. Let me guess Mickey Mouse." "Really funny Two." Marie said as Two-Bit handed Jonathan off to Steve. Steve smiled at the child and it was obvious he only half way knew how to hold a baby. Then Lolly held him. She was very good at holding the baby. Then she handed him off to the last person, Johnny. Johnny smiled and I heard him whisper "Hey Jonathan." Than I walked over next to Johnny who was holding Jonathan perfectly. Johnny was just staring at with the sweetest smile like all his fears and problems had gone away. I tapped his shoulder and he quick whipped his head to look at me like I scared him. "What?" He asked frantically. "I think Marie's wants her son back." I said pointing to my sister who was staring at Johnny. He handed her Jonathan while we all sat down.

Johnny wouldn't stop staring at Jonathan. I remember him saying he wanted a younger sibling a while back and I guess he finally got one in his mind. I just can't believe I'm an uncle. I then looked up at the clock and realised it was 12:38. I kept thinking about many things until I was broken out of my thoughts by Marie saying my name "That okay with you Pony?" She asked. "Oh sorry I didn't hear you." I told her. "Is it okay if Dally moves in with us?" She asked. I nodded in reply then realised she was not holding Jonathan. I looked around the room and he was no there either. I then remembered a lady picking him up and taking him to the room with all the babies. Then Darry said "Okay were gonna head home. Marie get some sleep. Dal keep an eye on her." He then walked out the door and we all followed.

We went home and I sat down on the couch and started to read the paper because I do that when I'm bored. I saw something about an auto and started to tear up because I thought of Mom and Dad. Soda saw and put his arm around my shoulder. "What's wrong little buddy?" He - asked me "Nothing." I said standing up and throwing away the paper. I then looked back at Soda hoping he count see I was still sad. I looked at the clock and saw it was 9:00. Had we really spent that much time at the hospital? "I'm tired I'm gonna go to bed." I said finding an escape. I then went to my room but did not sleep all I thought about was mom and dad.