Chapter 6 - We Need to Talk

*A/N* So after every five chapters, I've decided to do a chapter in Vince's point of view. So have fun with that (: The next chapter will be up tomorrow at 9pm eastern time. Enjoy! :-)
_________________

Vince's POV

After leaving Avril in the book store, I made my way back to the food court. Allison was still telling Jamie how we met in the tattoo shop when I sat down. "Allison, we need to go." I said, looking over apologetically at Jamie. I needed to get out of here and I needed to inform Allison about what was really going on. I wasn't that type of guy to lead two women on. So I needed to let her know and I needed to give her the chance to leave me before she felt as if she were stuck in this relationship. "Okay." She said, noticing the strained look in my eyes. "I'll call you Jamie." She said, smiling as she got up from the table. I got up to and we both made our way out of the mall. "What's going on Vince?" She asked me as we made our way to my car. After getting inside and sitting down in the driver's seat and her in the passenger, I looked her in the eyes. I was trying to figure out how to spell this out to her, how to bring this to her attention.

"Does this have to do with Avril?" She asked after a few moments of silence. "What makes you say that?" I asked, surprised that she had figured it out so quick. "I'm not stupid Vince. I saw the way you looked at her when we walked inside the coffee shop that day. I saw the way you looked at her when we walked into the mall today. I also saw you go after her when she left to go to the bathroom. You look at her the same way you did when we met at the tattoo shop. Do you want to know what I told her back then?" I nodded, trying my best to understand why she was being so nice to me about this. "I told her that I would be interested in you if you looked at me the same way you looked at her." I felt my cheeks heat up. "I...." As I began to talk, she cut me off with the wave of her hand. "Please, just let me go on." She said, meeting my eyes. I noticed she looked about ready to cry and it broke my heart that I had hurt her. I never meant to do that.

I nodded, allowing her to continue. "You've never looked at me like that Vince. Never. Even while Avril was away, getting herself together and gathering back her independence....You never looked at me like that." I noticed a tear fall down her cheek as she continued. "I always thought that it would take time. So as I spent more time falling for you, I was hoping you'd do the same." I shook my head. "Allison, I like you so much." I said, trying to make her undestand that she wasn't just some filler as I waited around for Avril. The situation was nothing like that. "I know you do Vince. I know you care about me. But you don't love me. You love Avril. Don't you?" She asked. I looked away from her eyes, trying to keep my emotions together. "Have you told her that you love her?" I shook my head, looking down at the steering wheel. "I said it while she was asleep in the hospital. But I never told her while she was awake." I said, looking back up to meet her eyes. "So she doesn't know." Allison stated. I nodded, not really knowing what else to say.

"Can you do something for me Vince?" Allison asked after another few minutes of silence. I nodded. "Whatever you want." She wiped her face and gave a sad smile. "Can you tell me what it feels like? Can you tell me what it feels like to be in love?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper. I felt my heart rate pick up as I met her eyes. "Allison, I don't want to hurt you anymore than I have." I said, voice shaking. "The only way that you'll hurt me more Vince, is by not telling me. Because then I won't know for sure if my heart is really broken." I nodded, taking in a deep breath before beginning.

"To be in love for me, is to have my mood brighten, no matter how happy I am when we're in the same room. Its to think of her smile whenever I'm down. Its to know that our hands fit together like puzzle pieces, and if they are apart, the whole thing isn't complete. Its to think about the way she walks, the way her eyes open and close, the way she talks, and to know that all these things are beautiful. To know that she is beautiful, she's as beautiful as ever." I finished, feeling a tear run down my face. Allison nodded, taking a moment to respond. "Can I tell you something?" She asked, finally breaking the silence. I nodded. "Of course you can."

"Even though I don't know what its like to be in love with someone, I know what its like to love someone. And I know that we share something in common." She said, meeting my eyes. I wrinkled my eyebrows. "What's that?" She inhaled deeply and exhaled. "We both have cared about someone, and we both lost someone. Maybe not in the same way, but we both have loved and lost." She said. I shook my head, confused. "Vince, you loved Avril since the moment you first saw her I'm guessing. And after all those months of trying to save her from John, you still lost her. You weren't able to take her home with you and hold her. You weren't able to be with her the way you wanted." I nodded. "And what about you?" I asked. I watched as Allison got this look in her eyes. "I've lost someone close to me a little while ago. He's dead now. There are so many things I wish I could have said to him, so many arguments that I wish I could take back, so many more days I wish I could be spending with him." Her eyes began to gloss over again and I knew she was stepping into personal territory.

"He was killed by some idiot in a tragic accident. My brother is dead now at the hands of a jackass. My whole family is still waiting on justice to be served." I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion. "The killer isn't locked up yet?" I asked. She shook her head. "No. But I don't want him locked up." I got ready to speak but she cut me off.

"I want him dead."