The First Day

It was a cold day in Chicago where I Gaby Dawson was walking towards the station after my transfer out of house 83 .
As I opened the door I bumbed into Lt.Casey and accidentally knocked over a bunch of papers, that I assume where reports of his last fire.
At first I just stood there looking right into his eyes as if I was waiting for him to tell me what to do but then all of a sudden we just knelt on our knees and picked the papers up one by one in order so he could still give them to chief Bowden .
From just a first glimpse at him he seemed very nice and kind because he didn't even shout or tell me to watch out and see where I'm walking next time, he just stood there looking straight into my eyes and saying that it was just an accident and that I shouldn't worry because apparently from the look I was giving him it seemed as if I where thinking that I've already screwed things up on my first shift.
After that weird but "ROMANTIC" moment, he told me if he could help me with anything and that's where I introduced my self and said

"Hi, my name is Gabriella Dawson I'm the new PIC for ambo 61."

And that's when he said

"Ahhh Gabriella Dawson we've been expecting you," he said with a smile on his face still looking straight into my eyes.

And after a few moments he said

"I'm Lt.Casey in charge of truck 81, come let me give you the tour." He said while walking towards the kitchen door.

When we walked into the kitchen everyone was there, they were either eating,watching TV or reading the news paper and when Lt.Casey told them that I was the new PIC for ambo 61 they all got up after each other and said

"Welcome into the family of House 51." while hugging me and kissing me on the cheek.

They were all so kind and loving and I was so greatful that they had welcomed me into there family but something was wrong, I still hadn't met my partner.
To tell the truth I didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl because as soon as I heard that my wish of leaving house 83 had been granted, I cleaned out my locker and just left without saying a word or even looking in at what house 51 can provide including my partner.
As I was going to ask Lt.Casey about my partner the alarm went off,

Battalion 25, truck 81,
house fire, (address)
No victims.

______________________________________

Hope you liked my 1st chapter of my first book.
........ To be continued