Chapter Three

Alice sat in her bed, looking around her room in a bored manner. It had been at least forty minutes since she had been sent to bed and she still hadn't gotten a drip of exhaustion. Then the skittering of paws made her look to the hole of a window high on the wall. A kitten's paws.
Alice hopped out of bed and climbed atop the unstable wooden table to get a better look. She nearly fell backwards when the shoes of two men appeared close enough for her to grab their feet. "Alright, so we sneak in, find the map and look for Alice's room." A raspy voice said to the other person.
Alice's eyes widened, what did they want with her? Was one of them her dad? The woman who said she was her mother said they were coming for her soon. Alice could only hope. Then a familiar voice came from out of Alice's view. "David, Jeff, what's the plan?" It was her mom! The woman picked up the kitten with ivory hands, the split second she touched the feline Alice grabbed her wrist.
Elizabeth looked at her with matching green eyes that soon lit up with a smile. "She's right here." Elizabeth told the two, the both of them going down to look at her. Alice stifled a gasp when she saw the man she assumed was Jeff, leathery white skin, Cheshire grin, and a hoodie soaked in crimson blood. Then there was the other man, tan, black hair with matching eyes, leather hooded jacket.
"Alice." Jeff mumbled as he reached in through the bars and touched her still red cheek. "Are you my daddy?" She asked with a shy tone as Jeff smiled slightly and nodded. "We're coming to get you, you just have to be patient. Okay?" Alice nodded as Jeff slowly pulled his hand back.
"Alright, I'll go in through the side and see if I can find your room. I think I remember which hall it's in." Elizabeth told them as she set the cat down next to Alice. Jeff and David nodded," We'll there."
Elizabeth ran to the corner of the building, trying to remember where the door was, and hoping that it wasn't locked. There it was, old and rusted, the same door she had escaped through so many years ago. She carefully opened the door as quietly as she could, the rust on the squeaky hinges snapping off. She took a deep breath as she stared at the dusty hallway in front of her, a single light shinning as it swung ominously.
She closed her eyes and took one step into the building that gave her annual nightmares. She opened her ,eyes determined to get her daughter out of this hell hole. Elizabeth crept down the hall, staying close to the wall as she screams of little girls filled her ears. She gave a shaky breath and pushed on. She looked around a sharp corner, no one there.
She squinted her eyes a she look at the ground, trying to remember what she had desperately tried to forget. To the right. She thought to herself as she snuck quietly down the hall, careful to wake any of the sleeping girls. She remembered the awful heart ache she had when she found out her grandmother put Alice in Smith's Orphanage.
Elizabeth shook her head, don't think about the past, focus on the present. She told herself as she continued her search. Then there it was, Alice's door with her name on it. Hope filled Elizabeth as she picked up her pace, only to be stopped by a loud voice behind her. "Hey! What are you doin here?" A man yelled, Elizabeth turned quickly coming face to face with a night guard. He grabbed her by the hair, yanking her down to the floor as she yelled. He pulled her head up by her hair, his eyes grew to the size of dinner plates when he saw her." I know you."

Pic of MBK's version of Jeff from Go to Sleep the True Story of Jeff the Killer.