Chapter two

Alice sat up in her bed once she heard her door move, she saw Nurse Kate standing in the doorway. "Group is going outside today,dress warm." Alice got out of her poor excuse for a bed and grabbed a scarf,gloves,jacket etc. She went with Nurse Kate down the west hallway towards the same group of girls dressed similarly to Alice. Nurse Kate opened the front door and the group scurried out the door. While Alice stood close to the building wall she heard a small mew beside her. Alice turned her head and saw a small grey kitten look at her then scamper behind the corner of the orphanage.
Alice followed the small animal,only to see a tall woman holding the cat with a smile. "What are you doing here?" Alice questioned as she got closer . The stranger looked at her with bright green eyes,she had beautifully pale skin and waist length black hair. "Your father and I will come soon." She said ,not answering Alice's question."My dad?" Alice was shocked and flustered,she had never thought she would get out of the orphanage or if her "dad" wanted her back. "Wait,does that mean you're my mom." The woman gave a curt nod and smiled. "Alice who are you talking to ?" Alice whipped around to see Nurse Kate. "Just had to ruin the moment ,didn't you bitch. Alice thought sourly. "I was talking to-" Alice turned to introduce who said she was her mother, but no one was there. Alice sighed as her shoulders slumped,"nobody." "Come on , the headmaster says you need to start playing with the other girls. Then maybe you won't hurt them." Alice rolled her eyes as she walked away.
*hours later*
Alice was sitting in the cafeteria surrounded by other girls while they ate dinner. As Alice took a bite of whatever thing was on her small plate,she looked out the window across the room. There! It was the same woman as before standing there with the kitten from before. The lady smiled at Alice and waved, Alice just watched in perplexement. Suddenly the woman looked to someone or something talking to her. Her expression changed to disappointment ,she looked back to Alice with a solemn face. The woman waved good-bye and ran off into a random direction deep into the nearby woods. Suddenly a bell rang,making Alice jump, .......it was time for bed.