Only the Blind Can See

It is believed that if you cut off all your senses, you can see God.
No sight, ears, nose, or sensory whatsoever. Not even the ability to taste your own blood on your tongue when you bit through the muscle. That's what they want, however, to see you wriggle and squirm like the pest you are. To see your mind in all its glory as you mindlessly run into object after object and not being able to do a thing about it.

The Experiment was supposed to be a myth. A scary story that frightened audiences so that they wouldn't try to grasp a being that never existed. What they didn't tell you was that, this experiment was quite real. Ongoing even, as more and more people were captured off the streets and thrown into the pitch black room. Never a trace left behind.

The scent was the first thing you noticed. The mix of chemicals and a nauseating substance that had yet to be named. It was familiar but you couldn't put a finger on it. Your sight was of no use as of the moment and that made it all the challenging to guess. It reminded you of vomit, or even fecal matter. That was when the lights blared on.

Walls lined with shelves of medicines and chemicals; antiseptic and morphine. A single, metal table stood in the center of the room. It was rusted, either from wear or just stained with blood. Beside the table were a few mysterious instruments, especially a rolling desk covered with a sheet. Most likely the tools for your demise.

Whispers echoed in the room, talking in such disharmony and speed that it could have been the wind. Rattling escaped the shelves and footsteps resounded in the eerie room. It was cold and that definitely didn't aid your paranoia.

After a few moments, the constant fear that someone could walk in at any moment seemed to skyrocket. The noise came to a stop, the air suddenly grew warm, and the room went still. Everything was back to what it was just minutes ago. All except for the constant sound of footsteps.

Fear wasn't something to describe what you felt at the moment. You quickly darted forward, hiding behind the table as it was the only thing that could hide you. With every thud of the heavy boots came the flicker of lights above your head. Every flicker made the bulb grow dimmer.

You looked towards the iron door, eyes glued on the rusted thing as you cursed in your mind. Why didn't you see it sooner? Why didn't you leave earlier? Why don't you run now?! You had no choice now as to do anything but keep still and quiet as the door slowly creaked open.