Blaze Of Glory (Natsu)

(A/N) Song belongs to the 5 Centimeters Per Second OST.

I have never been one to back down from a fight. Not in a million years! So when I faced the dragon that had attacked Lucy, I was ready. 

Sure, there may have been one hundred thousand of them, but that's what we dragon slayers do. We kill dragons that stand in our way.

Or that kill our family.

I wasn't even thinking as a lept at them with flaming fists and Lucy yelling for me to stay back. But I couldn't stop. Not until I take one down, not until I avenge everyone that died.

I was so fired up, I didn't notice that the dragon I turned a blind eye towards in favor of a fire dragon had decided to counter attack, slaming me back down to earth.

Landing me on top of a metal pole sticking out of the ground.

I couldn't remember much after that, but I could her Luce as she ran to where I was. I didn't like how she kept crying, saying I was fine while trying to pick me up and carry me.

"Hey L-Lucy?"

She stopped her efforts to pull me up as I tried to get her attention.

When I knew she was listening and ready, I pushed her away from me, smirking as best as I could through gritted teeth.

"Run.......find anyone you can....please."

Lucy went hystarical and began to complain.

"No! I can't just leave you here to die! We can make it if you try!"

I shook my head.

"I don't feel fired up anymore.......just really cold."

Her face grew extremely desperate and scared. She raced back to my side, hugging me close to her as everything went black.

"L....Let's go...on an....adventure....soon, okay?" I tried to say as she sobbed on my chest.

"Y-Yeah.....v-very soon, you got?"

And as my vision went to nothing, I smiled while using the last of my strength to rub her head.

"Always"

Next thing I knew, it went totally dark. I couldn't even see myself as I felt weightless and broken. I made Lucy cry again. 

After what felt like hours I woke up in a grassy field. The smells of familiar friends flooded me. But one was missing. After a moment of rest, I sat up and began to survey my current location. It mostly an empty field with people mingling and sitting up. Some faces I knew, others must have been people that came from the city or other places around the world.

But where was-?

"NATSU!"

A flying ball of blue fur ran into my stomach full force. I recognized that voice anywhere. Tears clouded my vision as I embraced my friend, my closest family. Happy. I wasn't ashamed as we rolled on the ground, laughing and crying together.

"I missed you, Happy."

I still remember the day I got here. I remember every step of the way. I had time to think about my life as I did so. I never got lonely or hungry. But something was always missing as me and Happy played all day and partied with the guild members all night.

A part I would always keep waiting for.

Even though new/old faces show everyday, I kept waiting for the one person who I left alone. The one person I can't let cry without comfort. The one who kept me on my toes and my fire burning stronger than I thought I could ever have.

The one I left in my blaze of glory to come home. To go on our eternal adventure once more.