Chapter 24

I had come down the stairs this morning to see Michael sitting on the sofa.

"Hey sleepy head." He smiled looking at me.
"Hey Mikey. Where is Aria?" I asked yawning.
"She is taking Bono for a run. Fresh coffee in the kitchen." Michael said before returning his eyes to the TV.

I nodded and made my way into the kitchen. Sure enough a fresh pot was ready with my favorite mug next to it. Ari knew me way to well. I filled my mug and hesitated. Do I join Mike or return to my room? I decided to join him and get my mind off things.

"Mind if I join?" I asked.
"Yeah of course." He smirked. I'm happy he didn't say 'well it's your house.' It always bugged me when people said that.

I looked at the TV and watched some cartoons with Mike. Then the channel changed and a reporter was talking to Luke. He had his arm around some blonde girl. I instantly felt tears threaten to spill down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry." Mikey mumbled turning off the TV.
"Mike how did it feel to see Aria so happy and carefree?" I asked suddenly sniffling back tears.
"That's the thing about Aria." Mikey said rubbing the back of his neck. "She's good at masking her pain unless she doesn't want to. If she wants she can show you how torn and heartbroken she is and it makes you feel awful inside. Or she masks up every once of pain and anger and makes you hurt because she doesn't."
"She's lucky. I wish I could do that." I signed the image of Luke burned into my head.
"No. Because when she's in pain she will mask her pain for others. She hates when other people hurt. How do you comfort someone in pain when you don't know they are in pain at all?" Mikey sighed looking at me. "You know he is crazy in love with you, right?"
"Uh huh. If he loved me he wouldn't have done so many things. He wouldn't have his arm around that girl." I said as a tear slipped down my cheek.
"He can be an idiot but he does love you. He's tried getting over you but he's failed miserably." Mikey said looking into my eyes.
"I wish he would just-" I cried.
"I know. He... I know." Mikey comforted me.
"I wish Bono was here. He always makes me feel better." I sniffled.

At that moment I hear a happy bark. Bono comes racing in and when he sees me he instantly jumps onto the couch and snuggles me. Aria comes in a minute later panting.

"That dog." She gasps. "I swear."

She makes her way over to us and plants a kiss on Michael's lips. He makes a move to grab her but she slips out of his grip.

"No don't I'm gross." She squeals.
"No you're freaking beautiful and sexy." Michael says grabbing her.
"Ew noooo! I'm so gross." Aria cries.
"Then make me gross and we can be gross together." Michael reasons with a smirk.
"No! You took a shower this morning." She moans.
"I can always take another one." He smirked.

Aria sighed, giving up, and leaned back into his chest. I don't know how many times I have told myself that they were cute but in that moment they were especially cute. I was almost jealous but I knew they deserved each other.

"Hey Ari?" I asked.
"Yes babe?" She replied turning to me,
"I want to get over Luke." I said.
"Okay." She nodded. "Let me take a shower first."
"Let us take a shower first." Mikey smirked getting up with her.
"What?! I'm gross." Mikey added when Aria gave him a look.
"You're lucky I love you." Aria sighed shaking her head.
"I know." Michael said sincerely.
Aria made her way to the doorway when she turned. "Aren't you coming?"
Michel smiled before following her. "I love you Aria St. Claire."
"And I love you Michael Clifford." She replied.
"I love you Bono." I whispered to the puppy. Bono just licked my face in response.

I took a deep breath. I was going to get over Lucas Robert Hemmings.

Hey, so try not to die in school today! I love you all!

~~Karamelcandy