three; stranger

The more Eunmi got to know Baekhyun, the stranger he became.

She learned that he likes to sleep, listen to classical music and paint slightly disturbing pictures of people with their insides showing. Sometimes, he also had a certain dangerous sparkle in his eye when he got excited.

Truly, she couldn't understand him, but to her, that only made him more interesting.

At the most strangest, Baekhyun tried to explain the beauty of his gory paintings to her in an extremely long paragraph that nearly lasted an hour. It was a relief that she had stopped him before it got too far.

One of the things she was the most intrigued about was his friend, Chanyeol.

"Hm? Why do you want to know about Chanyeol?"

Eunmi shrugged, "No reason. I was just curious what kind of guy would want to be best friends with you."

His face contorted and he placed a hand over his heart in fake sadness.

"Eunmi, I'm hurt."

"Just answer my question."

"Well, he was funny and amusing. He could play the guitar and a number of other instruments well. You could say that he was musically gifted. He was also kind of like a happy virus, you know what I mean?"

She raised her eyebrow, "Happy virus?"

"Yeah, anyway, that's what he's like."

"Where is he now?"

A slight smirk flashed on his face for a brief second, "Who knows~?"

"Can't we ever have a serious conversation?"

He turned to her with a big grin on his face, "Nope."

Eunmi sighed at him. She wanted to know more about this strange person. There was something that pulled her closer and closer to him. She knew, deep inside her mind, that there would be a consequence for that, but right now, she didn't mind.

"Eunmi!"

A hand tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around, recognizing the face immediately.

"Baekhyun?"

"Here!" Without another word, he shoved an earbud into her ear, surprising her.

At first, she flinched, but soon relaxed once she listened to the calming music that flowed into her ears, "Classical again?"

"Of course," He hummed quietly with the other earbud in his own ear as they walked silently after school ended.

"Hey Eunmi."

"What?"

"What do you think it'd be like to die?"

She paused. He must be having one of his usual strange thoughts again.

"Hmm, I don't know. Painful? Frightening? Peaceful, maybe? I suppose it depends."

Seeming satisfied with her answer, he stayed silent for the rest of the way until they had to separate directions.

She couldn't help it. She wanted to try and understand him.