White Walls.

Bucky tries to hide the little grin on his lips, he doesn't want to get too emotional when it's about Steve.

"What makes you sure that I'm gonna do that? Everything's fine." Bucky tries to find a true word in his lie, he can't. He's a wreck.

He can feel a grin on Coulson's face, and he didn't even turn around to face him yet. Phil knows how lucky Bucky must be, because here's hope, here's a possibility to safe Steve. Bucky only dreamed about those moments, waking up screaming after all, because Steve always died in his dreams.

Okay not in all of them, some turned out pretty.. well.

But Bucky's still not sure if he can actually go through his whole fight again, he's fought all his life and the half of it was for the wrong people. Nobody can actually understand how bad it is to remember, seeing himself falling down, falling, falling and falling.. on icy ground. Without his left arm. The pain, seeing yourself bleeding, with a blurry gaze, not seeing clearly, figuring out what happened. Losing memories after being tied up in a chair, waiting for the shocks of the machine, getting fight experience every day to survive.

James wanted to fight for America, not against Captain America.

He can't even count all the people he's killed in his past, after over 50 years of assassination, he feels really guilty. He's been down lately, too many thoughts are crossing his mind. He killed probably a lot of S.H.I.E.L.D agents, those who used to support Captain America. Steve was his mission, but when he looked in his angel blue eyes, they seemed familiar. Steve fell down the Hellicarrier and Bucky jumped after him, because he cared about this guy, even when he didn't even know why - now, he does.

He's known him for a lifetime, literally. They played together, they went together to school, they got drunk together, they saw each other becoming more to an adult, they basically grew up together.

The pain that Bucky felt is indescribable, when he was 'The Winter Soldier' he always felt empty, even angry, had always to obey nobody was there for him.. expect for Brock. Brock Rumlow. His memories are only on photos, in articles, the rest is trapped in his own mind. He just wants to forget this part of his life when he murdered hundreds.. maybe even thousands of innocent people.

The most of them didn't have any good fight experiences. Hydra eliminated more than thousand... million people, they didn't even care if they were innocent or dangerous, they just wanted to get the rid of their rivals.

Bucky can remember everything... not the part of his life with Steve, but with Hydra. It's awful, he just wants to forget everything. He just wants the old times back.

The Army, Steve, Brooklyn.

Yeah.

Bucky got lost in his thoughts as he realizes that the Agent is talking to him. Everything is about Steve and it's always been. Of course they could hit the Captain's week point, when they let him know that his best friend is one of the most dangerous assassins all around the world.
- Not anymore. In the short time when he was an Avenger, he became a better person. They taught him how to handle his anger, his post traumatic memories.. when he served for Hydra. But he's not cured.
And he never will.

"I'm gonna do it."
Bucky drops these words like hot butter, even when he could swear that he's been in thoughts for the last 15 minutes.

Because who he is now, it's all because of Steve.
Nobody else ever cared that much for the ex Sergeant.
And Steve didn't give up. Even when Bucky ran away. From Captain America and Hydra.
But Hydra got him. HYDRA is still everywhere and has always been a step ahead of S.H.I.E.L.D, especially in the 40s.