Rest at last

Ren was lead to where the girls were heading in the first place. A hill that over looked parts of the village. On top of the hill was a building. It was built with yellow stone, with a white stone arch at the entrance. The roof was red with a shine that was truly dazzling. The large grey stone door was opened wide, as a welcome to all. Half asleep Ren stood in awe at the grand building. "You like it?" Said a voice coming from a man in a red robe ahead. The man was no more than 30, his hair was short but a lock of it was long enough to flow over his half-moon glasses. His red robe had yellow trim around. Ren nodded limply with his eyes half closed. "Well, this is God's mounts dojo. This serves as a school to most but to some much more," the man had a grin and walked towards them. "You must be Ren, I know this must sound creepy, but I've been waiting to meet you." Ren woke up, his eyed opened wide in shock. "I didn't know that I was waited upon by such, but what for?" Ren bowed, but found it hard to rise again with the gourd on his back, Anna helped him back up. "You have some questions and things we need to talk about. Girls, you will be late if you don't go now," the man said. The girls realized the time and ran into the school. "I am Master Hwan. Come with me, please?" he enquired. He walked in to the school with Ren on his tail.

The inside of the school was as awe inspiring as the outside. The walls were filled with picture and work from the students. In the reception area on the wall was a mural; it was symbols in a circle, in the background was the silhouette of a mountain. Ren stood, mesmerized by one of the symbols. It looked like to a cloud with bolts of lightning coming out of it. "Well, do you feel a connection to this symbol?" the master Hwan asked raising one eye brow. Ren nodded still staring at the mural. "Come along. You need to rest. We have a lot to get through." Master Hwan called already standing by a door with the words 'M.Hwan's office' on it. Ren walked over to him and he pushed open the door. The room was coloured red and gold with some dashes of blue and green. It was neat and organized with a grand oak desk and chairs on both sides. The larger wooden chair was backed up on the large window, which looked over the field of grass and the base of the hill. "Take a seat. I'll be back at high sun to talk with you, until then sleep." Master Hwan said calmly while still standing at the door. Ren unstrapped the gourd from his back, took off his sandals and gloves, yawed and slumped in the chair. He yawned again and his eyes closed.

Later that day the blazing midday sun shone through the window of the office, and on Ren's face. He shuffled for a bit, changed position in the chair then ended up on the floor. There was a knock on the door. Ren opened his eyes, but stayed on the floor. A few minutes later the door opened. It was Master Hwan and Anna. Anna was holding a tray with a plate of food. The smell somehow wafted down to him. He slowly stood up and sat back in the chair. "You must be hungry?" Anna asked walking to him and placing the tray on the desk. Ren looked at her and a look of admiration filled his face. Anna smiled. "You're welcome," she skipped back out the room with that same sweet smile on her face. "She is so kind to you. I don't know how she warmed to you so quickly." Master Hwan pondered with his hand on his chin looking up to the ceiling. Ren looked up too, but there was nothing to see. "Eat up. You will need your strength for what will come..." Master Hwan's grin was more devious then reassuring.