The Hunt

A strong hand took her own and the two began to run. They sped through the trees, doing their best to keep up with the snarling hounds. Ky wondered breifly why they were running. Why weren't they stopping to find game?

The hounds picked up the pace and ran out of their sight. The dogs' howling and barking grew louder, telling Ramsay they found their target. A piercing scream shot through the air like an arrow. It came from a girl. A child. The Baratheon heard her husband snicker.

Kyrin panicked, ripping her hand out of Ramsay's and quickly grabbing an arrow. At this point she was running much faster than her husband now. She loaded her bow, dodging obsticals with precision.

"Help me, please!" The voice cried out. "Someone, please!"

Kyrin stayed quiet, deciding it'd be best to keep running rather than shout and lose her breath. Finally she got over a hill and saw the little girl. Her knees were tucked to her chest and tears streamed down her face as she attempted to push herself closer to the rock her back was against. The hounds had her cornered, but they refrained from attacking until Ramsay gave them their cue.

The girl noticed Ky and began to cry even more.

"Please, don't hurt me, lady Bolton." She cowered, turning her head so that she could not see Kyrin and Kyrin could not see her face. Lady Kyrin winced slightly at the name she had called her. The little girl was covered in soot and dirt. She must've been one of the servants.

"My name is Kyrin Baratheon." The woman said confidently, causing the girl to look at her. She was shaking vigorously as the hounds continued to snarl and howl. Ky heard footsteps behind her, knowing exactly who it was. She never looked at him, however, she only stared at the girl with a hardened look. She couldn't believe he had the audacity to make a child run for her life in these dreadful woods. A sinister thought ran through her mind that sent chills down her spine..

If he can easily make a child go through such torment and smile about it, what could he do to her?

Baratheon shot Bolton a glare.

"Let her go." She said sternly.

Ramsay commanded the snarling dogs to restrain from ripping the girl to shreds. Finally he gave her a puzzled look.

"So soon? We've only just begun our hunt." He pouted. "She didn't make it a very interesting one, though."

Ramsay turned to Theon who looked absolutely worn out, like he could collapse at any moment.

"Reek, what do you think we should do with her?"

"We should let her go." Kyrin hadn't broken her glare at him even when he'd looked away. She was burning holes in the back of his head.

Their eyes met once again. Pale, serious blue eyes unblinking. They were at war in their heads.

Ramsay sighed and looked away toward the child, then back at his wife. Kyrin kept her gaze strong.

"Reek." He said.

"Yes, master."

"Take the hounds back home. We won't need them any longer."

Theon did as he was told, leaving the three of them alone. Kyrin slowly approached the child whom still clung to her boney legs. Now that Kyrin could get a better look at her, she noticed how pale and unhealthy she looked. The woman's heart swelled with sorrow.

She crouched down beside the girl, keeping an acceptable amount of distance between them.

"It's okay," she reassured her, slowly extending a hand out. The little girl slowly placed her cold, blue hand into Ky's warm, pink one. The Baratheon gently helped her stand.

They turned to Ramsay who had been watching Kyrin's every move very intently. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

"We should go before it gets too dark out." Kyrin said, holding the girl close to her.

Ramsay stared at the two with astonishment and anger, but he did not object to his wife's suggestion. He merely shifted to the side, allowing the two to pass before following behind.

-

The squealing of the gates strained Kyrin's ears, but she continued on through them without a sign of discomfort. The little girl was still shaking as she clung to Kyrin for protection.

Theon shook slightly as he stood, patiently waiting for Ramsay's return. His face filled with dread when he saw the girl. She wasn't dead. He had no doubt in his mind that when his master returned, he would have his sinister smile knowing he had just taken the life of an innocent in the most morbid way he could think of. The fact that the little girl was in fact alive sent shivers running down Theon's disfigured spine.

As soon as Ramsay's features could be seen, Theon quivered, but quickly froze. Ramsay didn't seem angry. This was a trick. He has to be upset. Ramsay's "pet" scurried back to his cage with the dogs. He had a feeling he was going to be in a lot of trouble tonight.

Kryin noticed how the girl still shook, wondering if it was the cold that motivated the jerky movements. The lady gently picked the girl up in her arms and held her close to her chest in an attempt to warm her up and possible give her a feeling of security. The girl panicked before she realized exactly what Ky was doing. She nuzzled her body into Kyrin's and finally began to calm herself down.

A smile crept onto the Baratheon's face as she walked up the creaking stair to her bed chambers. She figured the poor child needed some rest in an actual bed with actual fur blankets to keep her warm.

Ramsay stopped walking when he got to the end of the stairs. Why am I condoning this? I am a Lord, she cannot tell me what goes on around here. His body twitched, obviously aggitated with himself.

Nobody tells me what goes on around here.