Chapter 29

'Rosalie!' A voice far, far away. I opened my eyes, and Newt appeared in my sight. I was lying in a bed... I was back in the Glade?
'Newt?' I asked, confused.
'Hey, you okay?' He asked, and hugged me.
'Yeah... You? You're okay..? Free..?' I smiled. I loved seeing him, anywhere else but in that pit. I wrapped my arms around him, not letting him go.
'Yes. They let me out of there as soon as they figured out you were in the maze.' He let me go a bit, and added 'don't ever do that again. I thought you had died...' His face looked really sad right now.
'I'm sorry, I had to... Wait, what happened? How's Chuck? And Minho?' A rush of panic went trough me. What had happened?
'They're fine.'
'Thank god!' I smiled. They were fine. It didn't explain though, how I was here... The Grievers...
'What happened? How am I here?'

Newt stood up, and sat down on a chair next to me. He took my hand and looked down at the ground.
'Newt?'
'You got stung. But don't worry, we found these injections... Well, Teresa did. I didn't want her to give it to you at first, because I didn't know what it was. But you... You were dying and we had to do something. It worked.' Newt said, then smiled. 'You're okay. Do you feel okay?'
'I feel fine, more memories came back to me, I thought I was dreaming. What injections?'
'Teresa found them in a box where her name was written on. And... Other things. It were injections with blue liquid... I should warn Jeff and Clint.'
'Theresa's awake?'
'Yes.'
'Can I see Minho and Chuck? How did they..?'
'Shh... Soon, you need to rest.'
I rolled my eyes, and stood up. 'I feel fine.'

'Rose... Just rest, please? You almost died again. I was really worried about you okay?'
I sighed. 'Okay, on one condition I'll think about lying in that stupid bed.'
'What?'
'A kiss.'
'A... Kiss?' Newt laughed, and grabbed me at my waist, pulled me against his body. He leaned forward and gave me a kiss. I laughed in the kiss, and took his face in my hands. I kissed him back. When we let go, I said 'I needed that. Too much drama the past few days, to less kisses.' I smiled, and walked over to the bed.
'Do I have too?' I did my best puppy face, and Newt just smiled at me.
'Yes.' He said.
I sighed and laid down, and pulled the blanket over my face.

I heared Newt chuckle, then I felt someone pulling my blanket away. Newt gave me one more kiss, while he smiled. 'I'm sorry. I know it sucks.'

***
Jeff did a couple of tests and said I looked fine, only a bit tired. I said I felt fine, and he agreed with me bed rest wasn't nessicery for a long time. Just this midday, I could get out of bed to eat something tonight, and tomorrow I didn't need to rest. Newt slightly protested, but quickly closed his mouth, and smiled at me.
Before Jeff left, he whispered something in Newt's ear. Newt told me there would be a gathering this evening.

'A gathering? Why?' I asked.
'It's crazy, to talk about your punishment. Gally's orders, Alby kind of has to. I don't think he wants to, because we all know you saved Chuck and Minho. Just sleep for a while, okay? You got nothing to worry about.'
I nodded, and closed my eyes. I felt Newt gave me a kiss on my forehead. I grabbed his hand,  and opened my eyes. 'Newt?'
'Yes, love?'
'Are you mad at me?' I asked, trying to hide the fear in my voice.
'What...? No, ofcourse not, why would you think that?'
'I don't know... I thought you would be mad for me going into the maze.'
'I'm not, Rose. Although I would be pissed if you died before giving me that kiss you just gave me.' He joked, then added 'Just try to sleep, okay?' He stroked my hand with his thumb.
'I will... Thank you.' I smiled, and closed my eyes again.