1

4 spells.

4 spells.

That's all I was given against a level 3 zombie. And level 3 zombies had access to bows and arrows.

I didn't have a chance.

And all the other trainees got to fight a level 2 zombie, but no me, Fern had to fight a level 3 zombie. If I lost, there was no coming back. No second chance. I would be transferred to breeding or growing.

I slowly breathed in and out, attempting to calm myself just like my trainer to me to. It didn't work. Soon I was hyperventilating. I needed to stop or I wouldn't be ready for the fight. My mana would go down and I would lose to that zombie.

And I couldn't lose.

Only three more days to train.

Everybody ridicules me for being the son of the one warrior to die from breeding. And that was pathetic. If I failed at the Chance, I was dead in everybody's eyes. So I usually didn't talk about him and my mother, a pathetic grower.

Two days left to train.

Groans of exertion are all that is heard on the dance floor. The fighting makes me feel alive.

"I'd never realized how fighting is such an essential part of our society", I shot to Tree.

"Well, If you'd have paid attention to the teachers you would have already known that fighting is life here in the Covenant", Tree retorted.

"Well since I was a natural at magyk spells, unlike you, I knew I would be a warrior", I snapped at him.

"Hey, hey, hey, and they say I have anger problems", Tree said, recoiling away from me.

"Well I have a warrior's heart, unlike Magnolia Trees who are just boring growers", I said, twiddling my fingers around the hilt of my sword, ready to stab if necessary.

When he turned around to walk out I shoved him out of my way and stomped out.

"Fern.. I'm sorry", he called after me his voice fading with each thundering boot.

I turned around and yelled "No, you're not".

* * *

I have no idea what I wrote and what my brother wrote, but I'm mainly jealous that we had a way to use tab! We have none of that luxary now -__-

Anyways, this ain't a bad idea so I might continue it.

*gives donuts to whoever is reading this*