Act 4: Hino Rei

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Chaos Theory

Act 4: Hino Rei

By: Sora Kazeno

It is time for the flame senshi to appear again. Rei needed more time in the spotlight other than the small scene in the first act. Enjoy!

Usagi yawns as she wakes up on Saturday morning. She stretches her arms and slowly makes her way out of bed.

"I was going to wake you up soon," said Luna as she jumps up on the bed. "You are supposed to visit the shrine today with Mako-chan. And you don't have much time until you are supposed to be there."

Usagi begins the mad scramble around her room putting clothes on. Luna uses this time to try to talk to her about recent events. "I'm worried about the others. It has been a few days since anything happened and hopefully everyone is all right. I'm glad you and Mako-chan are checking on Rei-chan. Minako-chan is doing well."

Usagi raised an eyebrow as she walked over to Luna. "So you've been spending more time with Artemis, eh?"

"Usagi-chan!" Luna cheeks turned red. "I also needed to check on Minako-chan!"

"It's okay Luna. You don't have to pretend that isn't why you visit all the time."

"Usagi-chan, that's enough!" Luna said. She needed to change the subject or Usagi was going to keep saying things to her. "When is the last time you've seen Mamoru-san?"

Usagi pauses for a moment as she thought about it. Her eyes became downcast. "It's been a few days. It was right after Mako-chan got her memories back. Luna... what if he never gets his memories back?"

"Oh Usagi-chan I don't think he could ever forget you!" Luna tries to reassure her. "I'm sure it will only be a matter of time."

Usagi's mother knocks at the door. "Usagi-chan, Mako-chan is here! Hurry up!"

Five minutes later, Usagi is downstairs saying goodbye to her family.

"One more thing before you leave Usagi-chan," said Ikkuko with a large grin on her face. "When are we going to meet this Seiya?"

Usagi's eyebrow twitched and she began to fume. "It's not like that!" She shouts as she slams the door behind her. Usagi walks out the front gate as she mumbles inaudible things.

Makoto watches her fuming friend. She is afraid to ask what that was about.

"So he called my house one time. He saved me from getting run over by bus and it just happened to be on the news. Nothing is going on!" Usagi griped. Suddenly she became quiet in the middle of her rant.

Makoto looks over at Usagi and tried to understand what happened. She follows the direction where Usagi's eyes are. At the corner is Mamoru talking to a young gorgeous woman. She said something to him and they both laughed. The light changed and she grabbed Mamoru's arm as they both walked across the street.

"Usagi-chan did you want to...?" Makoto began to ask her unsure of how to finish the question.

"It's okay. Mamo-chan doesn't remember me... it's not like he's doing anything wrong. He can talk to other people just like I can talk to Seiya!" Usagi said as she flashed one of her fake smiles. She is trying to cover up the pain behind her smile.