The Wind Clan

Hoshimi sat above their heads, listening as Hak lightly teased Yona about the snake bite as they stood. Yona cautiously asked to go to a village, but Hak stated it was too dangerous. They looked back to the capital. "The capital of Fuga...my homeland." Hoshimi leaped down, scaring the wits from them both.

"So, heading home now?" She asked Hak, and he nodded. She smiled to Yona. "Lets go!"

The princess stared as Hoshimi happily walked along the trees, humming a gentle song. How can she be so, cheerful? Yona wondered, when Hoshimi suddenly turned her head back to her and Hak. Her smile fell a bit.

"You need to have faith, Yona-hime."

The tall girl walked along, her smile reappearing and she turned, her silver hair fluttering around behind her. Hak glance at Yona, who looked back up at him. He shrugged and nudged her, coaxing her to walk after Hoshimi. She took some reluctant steps forward, before walking after the silver-haired woman.

Hak followed, watching his sister walk along ahead. She really is strange...

* * * * *

Light shone down on the gray steps leading to a tall stone gateway. Two young men laid against each other, their backs supporting one another as they snoozed. They breathed contentedly, when a shadow loomed over them ominously. Completely unaware of the presence, they kept on dozing.

Kick!

They fell onto their stomachs as General Hak stood behind them, a foot raised, balancing his blade on his shoulder. Hoshimi stood behind him, a smile on her gentle face as she watched the two sit up. "The clan's guards take naps, huh?" Hak said spitefully, staring down at the two.

"Master Hak!?" Han-dae wondered aloud. He looked behind Hak, "And Miss Hoshimi!"

Hak raised a hand in greeting, "Hey." Hoshimi stepped forward, and hugged them both, "Been a while, has it not?" They smiled and yawned, walking towards them.

Tae-woo spoke first, "Hey stranger. Has it been ten years?"

"It's been three..." Hak stated, slightly irritated due to their laziness.

Tae-woo just rubbed his head. "Why ya here?" Han-dae put a hand to the side of his mouth. "Did ya get fired from the general's post?"

"I see your laxness hasn't changed..."

Han-dae and Tae-woo began to mumble about how they sleep when sleepy and that, when Hoshimi caught sight of some clan members appearing from their houses. Hak slapped himself on the head when a man spoke.

"Hey, Master Hak, Miss Hoshimi! It's you!"

"Young Master!"

"Master Hak!"

"Lady Hoshimi!"

"When'd ya come back?"

"Oh my you've gotten even more handsome!"

"Miss Hoshimi! How are you?"

Hoshimi smiled as a young child came up to her, his mother following. She patted them on the head, "I'm fine, how is everyone here?" More people crowded around them asking questions and talking in a whirlwind of words.

Hak raised his hand in a sign of silence. "Can you please talk one at a time?" His eyes looked to the sides. They must not've heard anything from the castle yet, he wondered.