Chapter 20 (Closure)

"I think I liked it better when all you watched was sports," Zayn grumbles.

Liam shushes him. "The chick with the dragon eggs is talking. She's my favourite."

Introducing Liam to Game of Thrones was, apparently, a bad idea. All he's done the last three days is marathon episode after episode, after borrowing the first season box set off the guy across the hall. And they're not the only ones, apparently, because the entire common room is full of people, some piled onto the floor, some piled onto the couch next to them, all of them avidly watching the screen.

"Fucking Christ," Zayn mutters.

"Babe." Liam pulls him in closer, lips finding Zayn's forehead easily. "I love you, you know I do. But if you don't shut up-"

Zayn grins, tilting his head up, and Liam's focus leaves the show for the first time in what feels like days. "What if I don't?" he whispers.

Liam's gaze darkens, eyes narrowing slightly. Zayn smirks at him, knowing he's won before Liam's even realized it. And then, next thing he knows, Liam's standing up, stomping past people spread out on the floor. Zayn hurries after him, but Liam ignores him all the way back to their room.

Until they're inside it, and then he pushes Zayn up against the door, lips going to his neck instantly. "One episode," he growls. "You were the one who wanted me to watch it in the first place!"

"Yeah, but I didn't- I didn't expect you to- Fuck, I can't think when you do that, you know that," Zayn groans. "But I didn't want you to ignore me. I didn't think you'd even like it!"

"I watched it for you!" Liam pushes up Zayn's shirt, and Zayn lifts his arms to get it off. "I can't believe we're really arguing about his right now."

"I've already seen them all, like, six times," Zayn says. "I was bored."

"I can't watch it and entertain you at the same time," Liam points out, hands dropping to Zayn's jeans, now. "God, you're needy, you know that?"

"Don't call me needy," Zayn snaps, annoyance slipping into his tone. "I'm not needy."

"Really fucking needy," Liam says, nipping at his collarbone.

"Fuck you," Zayn says, hands fisting in Liam's hair to keep him there.

"Mhm," Liam agrees. "Desk?"

"Yeah. But don't push all my shit onto the floor this time."

Liam picks him up easily, and Zayn automatically wraps his arms and legs around Liam to keep himself up. "What do you want me to do, then?" Liam demands. "Neatly put everything away before I fuck you?" Before Zayn can answer that, Liam smirks and brushes his arm over the desk, knocking everything to the ground, including an empty coffee cup, pencils, pens, a notebook, and a half eaten chocolate bar. "Oops."

"You're cleaning that later," Zayn says, just before his back hits the top of the desk a little roughly. Liam kisses him to make up for it. "Or so help me-"

Liam kisses him to shut him up, but later, when they're done and he's caught his breath again, they'll revisit this conversation. And maybe have a new one about not trashing the room just to have sex, since Zayn is somehow always the one cleaning it up afterwards.

Liam's lips move off his, down Zayn's chest slowly. "If I blow you first, do I still have to clean it up?"

Zayn debates that for a moment. "No," he decides.

Liam grins, tugging down Zayn's jeans easily, his boxers following almost immediately. And then he pulls Zayn's legs up so they're over his shoulders, since he has nowhere else to put them, really, unless he lets them dangle uncomfortably off the desk. And there's no way Zayn's ever going to be able to study at this desk again, because he knows that he'll not be able to think of anything else but this every time he sits here.

"Love you," Liam mumbles against his thigh.

Zayn grins, reaching down to tangle a hand in Liam's hair. "Stop talking."

~|~