Chapter 1

"So what are you wearing today?" I asked, putting my phone on speaker and tossing it on my bed.

"Okay, I'm wearing my black denim skirt with that white bodysuit I got at Forever 21 and I'm gonna wear my black denim jacket over it." My best friend Hazel said into the phone.

"Aw that's cute. I was going to wear the pink romper I bought but maybe I'll wear my denim skirt and denim jacket  and we can match." I suggested.

"Yeah match with me! We'll be so cute."

"NO!" My other friend April chimed in, "This is the first of day of senior year and y'all not about to be walking in school with me wearing matching outfits like some lil ass kids. Kennedy put on that pink romper and Hazel come pick us up I ain't trying to be late on the first day."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the pink romper out of my closet.

"Ok damn. I'm finna leave in like 5 minutes and ya'll both better be ready since you rushing me and shit."

"Shit I been ready." April said.

"Alright I'm on my way then." Hazel hung up ending our three-way call.

I quickly got dressed and started to get all my stuff together before Hazel came until my phone started ringing.

I grabbed my phone accepting the FaceTime call for my dad. "Hey dad."

"Let me see what you got on for your first day." He said, I could tell he was sitting inside of his work truck.

I stood in front of the full length mirror I had against the wall and flipped the camera around, "How I look?" I asked.

"I like what you got on you don't look too grown it's age appropriate."

"Hmm, thanks dad I guess."

"I don't know why you keep putting so much heat in your hair. Your natural hair looks so much better."

I ran my fingers through my straight dark brown hair it went all the way down to the middle of my back, "I think you're just jealous because you're bald."

"Hush little girl I had some nice ass hair until your bad ass started stressing me out it made my hair fall out."

I playfully rolled my eyes at his comment. I was far from a bad child my dad had it easy when it came to me. I always got good grades and stayed out of trouble he didn't have to worry about where I was or who I was out with because I always sat my ass at home.

"Mhm whatever." A message popped up at the top of my phone screen from Hazel letting me know she was outside.

"Dad, I have to go Hazel is outside waiting."

"Alright well I just wanted to tell you to have a good first day at school today. I'm still on the road so I probably won't be home for another 2 days."

My dad is a truck driver so he's often gone for a few days at time driving across the country which leaves me to be at home all by myself. I didn't really mind though he started leaving me at home by myself when I was 10 years old so and now at 17 I'm use to it, I do get lonely sometimes though.