The big night

It's 9:45. I'm getting ready to go over to Katey's. I only have to walk about 200 feet to her house. I've got the flowers. I smell good. And if I do say so myself. I look good too. Time to start the next chapter of my book. Of. Our. Book.
I walk over to Katey's and take out my spare key. Her parents pretty much took me in and are my second parents now. They trust me more than anyone else Katey could have ended up with. I think I stood at the door longer than I though. I feel my phone vibrate and look down to see Katey's cute brown eyes. She's calling. What for??

"Hey asshole. So you aren't coming over then?"

"What do you mean babe? Outside the door."

"Whatever. I said 10. It's 11:15."

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry. I was just thinking about some stuff and got distracted. Come open the door"

"No. Open it your self." And with that the line went dead. I've got my work cut out for me. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. I saw Katey sitting on the kitchen counter eating cherries in shorts and a shirt. Damn. She's so cute.

"You're in the kitchen but you couldn't get the door?!"

"You were late. Your fault. Anyways. What do you wanna do? Movie?"

"What movie do you wanna watch?" I mumbled disappointed she didn't feel the mate bond yet.

"Let's watch the Notebook. Awe. Please T. Please. Please. I'll love you forever!" 
If only she knew.

"Let's just sit and talk?" I suggested quietly.

"Listen. It's my birthday in 5 minutes. We do what I want to do tonight!" She yelled and stomped her foot like a child.

"How about you make me a sandwich. Then I'll watch a movie with you?" I whispered in her ear and she shuttered. She was starting to feel it. I could tell.

"Three minutes K. Then you're officially 16!"

"I'm so happy that I'm spending it with you. You're my best friend. Do you think I'm gonna find my mate this year? I hear some people don't find theirs until they're 19 or 20. I hope it's not Matt honestly. I love him. But as a friend. As a good friend. I would have to reject him." She whispered and laid her head on my chest.
I wrapped my arms around her. And kissed the top of her head.

"You'll find him baby. And he's gonna do everything in his power to make sure you're treated like his queen."

"Ugh. Two minutes. Why can't you just be my mate. There's such things as choosing your own mate right? T. You're my best friend. Why can't it just be you?" A slow tear rolled down her cheek. She climbed off my lap and looked at her phone. Suddenly her eyes closed and she sniffed the air. I saw her eyes turn dark. She knows. She really knows.

"T? What's that smell?"

"What smell baby girl?"
When I called her that her eyes got really big.

"T! It's you! It's really you! It's what I wished for! You're mine. And. I'm yours!"
She tackled me off the couch and kissed all over my face. All I could do was laugh and smile. This is what I've waited for. I waited 6 months so she would feel it. And I wouldn't have to force her to want to be with me. She climbed off me and frowned.

"But. Wait. Your 16th birthday was 6 months ago. You knew? Why didn't you tell me asshole?!

"Sometimes you've gotta do things to keep the people you love happy. Sometimes you've gotta make sacrifices. I love you. I wanted you to find out on your own. You didn't sleep with Matt did you?! I'll kill him!"

"No! No. Of course not. You know I'm saving myself well...for you I guess. Let's go cuddle." She grabbed my arm and led me to her bedroom.

Authors Note: I don't really know where I'm gonna take this story! But! I won't sleep until I figure it out. Love anyone reading this! Thank you! ❤️❤️