Chapter 18

"Louis, wake up. Mum's calling you." my sister wakes me up. Sure enough I hear my mum call me after I get up. I practically run downstairs.

"Yeah, mum?"

She looks at me silently. "I want you to tell your Harry to meet us at McDonald's. We will have breakfast there and talk. His mum can come too if she'd like." she speaks. I nod and begin walking away. That is, before she grabbed the back of my shirt.

"I'm serious Louis" she says and I make sweater paws. I walk away again and she let's me this time, so I speed up the stairs and grab my phone.

*mum wants to meet at Mcie D's. Your mum can come too*

My phone buzzes after about thirty seconds.

*when?* his text reads

*now. literally.* I reply quickly.

*ok see u there Lou*

I take my phone off of its charger and go back downstairs. "He said he'll meet us there." I smile at my mum. She nods and beckons me to her. I drag myself to her and she hugs me.

"I'm sorry I've been so harsh." she whispers,"I just didn't think this would ever happen. I thought you'd find a nice girl, after college you'd settled down, then you might get married or something." she says, as if I would actually end up with the same girl in the end.

I decide against saying that aloud.

Harry POV

Louis's mum actually wants to meet my mum? Is this a parallel universe or something? All jokes aside, I was excited to actually meet his mum without her scowling at me. Maybe. But I was also extremely nervous. What would she say?

I walk to my mum's room and knock on the door. She answers within seconds and furrows her brows in confusion. "What,Harry?"

"Do you want to meet Louis's mum? We were meeting up at McDonalds." I said right after she asked the question. "I mean, if you don't want to go, you don't..." I begin to turn away. She grabs my shoulder and spins me around quickly.

"No, Harry, I'm coming. Just... just let me get dressed." she says and I just realize she's only in her pink silk pyjamas. I nod and saunter downstairs.

Minutes later, she comes downstairs and nods toward the door. We walk across the yard and hop into mum's car. I offer to drive, but she politely declines.

The short drive to McDonald's is filled with music and small talk between mum and I. My favorite song comes on and I begin to bounce around in my seat. Mum just laughs as she watches me. She sings along with me and the radio, smiling and laughing.

I can't picture a world without my mum.

(Sorry, pretty cheesy ending. Anyway, has anyone seen the Drag Me Down music video yet? Oh and thanks for reading, my sexy unicorns! )