Episode 2

"Erm... Do you mind taking me to my car? I need to go do something...." Audrey asked softly, looking  what was in front of her. The scenery was changing as the cars were driving to their destinations.
"You're not coming with us?" Madison asked, turning to face the girl, looking at her as if she were crazy.
"I... I am... I just need to see my brother and sister before I do anything else... I need to..." Audrey couldn't finish speaking-- instead she began to cry.
Madison nodded, "Travis." She called. She didn't have to say anything else, Travis knew exactly what she wanted him to do.
"Listen, you meet us at our house when you're done. I'm going to need you to go grocery shopping. We're leaving town-- going to the desert until this all blows over..."
Audrey nodded slowly.
"Nick, stop that." Travis said, not bothering to look over at Nick who'd been scanning radio stations for news about what they'd just witnessed. He wanted answers. He needed answers.
"They're not talking about it!" Nick yelled, aggravated.
In no less than six minutes, they arrived at the diner.
"Thanks." Audrey spoke softly, exiting the truck and walking over to her car. After unlocking it, she stepped inside it, sat down, turned her car on, and carefully backed out of the parking spot.
Once Travis saw her leave, he started heading over to Matt's house to get Alicia.
Audrey took a deep breath and knocked on a green door to a town house that was painted in aqua blue.
She heard shuffling before the door was opened, only to reveal her -needless to say- drunk mother.
"Oh- hi. Do you have the stuff?" The woman asked, not knowing it was her daughter at the door and not a drug dealer.
"No-- mom, it's me." Audrey answered, her face was contorted in disgust. This quickly changed when her mother started looking around as if she were paranoid. "Listen, I need to know if Andrea and Justin are here." Audrey continued, trying to sound as sweet as possible.
"Who?"
"Oh, for fuck's sake." Audrey muttered in frustration, gently moving her mother out of the way and walking into the messy apartment.
"J! Andy!" Audrey called.
"Yeah?" Andrea called back.
"Where's our brother?"
"Baseball practice."
"Okay, well grab your shit, I'm leaving town and you're coming with me!"
"What? Hold on--"
"NOOOO!!!! KIDNAPPER!!!" Their mother yelled, interrupting Andrea's train of thought as she grabbed one of Andrea's old textbooks and slammed it on Audrey's head; right when Andrea had finished making her way down the stairs.
"What the hell, mom?!" Andrea screamed as she ran over to her older sister. Audrey was holding her head in agony.
"Ah, fuck!" Audrey cried.
"Get away from my daughter, you creep!" Her mother yelled once more, getting ready to stab Audrey with a knife she had in her pocket, but hesitating when Andrea got in front of Audrey. Justin just happened to walk into the town house.
"Mom! Calm down! That's not a creep that's your daughter! How many times do I have to tell you this?!" Justin lectured. "Give me the knife, mom." He ordered sternly.
The woman didn't move.
"Give me the knife, Ailene." He ordered once more.
Ailene sighed and handed the knife over to her son.
"Go to your room. If I ever catch you doing something like this ever again, you're in deep shit." Justin warned. Ailene nodded and walked up the stairs and to her room, locking herself in.
By this time, Audrey had some what recovered.
"Are you okay, sis?" Justin asked, turning his attention away from the mad woman and toward his older sister.
Audrey nodded with a sniffle, crying on her sister's shoulder.
"Hey, hey." Justin cooed, running over and hugging his sister. Andrea hugged her as well. "Everything's gonna be okay, sis." Andrea whispered.
"No it's not... Which is why I'm getting you guys the hell out of here." Audrey managed to say.
"What?" Justin asked.
"Yeah... So... Go to your room and pack your clothes and... And pack whatever you think you'll need. Just... Yeah... Umm.. I'll wait here..."
"Okay... It might take me a while, I'll have to pack mom's stuff, too." Justin muttered.
"Why would you pack her shit?" Andrea and Audrey asked him.
"What do you mean? She's coming with us, isn't she?"
"I don't think she should..."
"Seriously? She's our mom! She needs us, and you're gonna let her fend for herself? We don't even know what's going on! I'm not going anywhere if mom doesn't go." Justin stood his ground. "We owe her this, Audrey."
Audrey sighed, giving up, "fine... We'll take her with us... Just pack your shit and quit wasting time. You know what? Don't worry about packing mom's shit, I'll pack it."
With that, Audrey stood up quickly. She got up a little too quickly, she almost fell over because she was dizzy. "Woah..." She mumbled.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Andrea asked.
Audrey nodded as she made her way up the stairs and to her mother's room. She entered the room without knocking. Not bothering to say one word to Ailene. Not even bothering to look at the woman, she made a bee line to the closet and began stuffing a red suitcase with clothes.
"Guys, make it quick! I still have to go grocery shopping and meet mom at her place!" Audrey yelled.
"Okay!" They answered.
"You're pathetic, you know that, right?" Audrey insulted.
"I'm not. You are. You're a sorry excuse for a daughter, Audrey." Ailene shrugged, crossing her arms, lying on her bed and looking up at the ceiling.
"Oh, so now you remember me? What, did you sober up in the last twenty minutes?" Audrey scoffed, tossing her mother's favorite shirt in her suitcase and walking out.
"Finish packing your own shit. Your kids shouldn't be the ones taking care of you. It's supposed to be the other way around. That's why you're the pathetic one."
"Audrey." Ailene called.
Audrey ignored her.
"AUDREY." She repeated loudly.
"Yes, Ailene?" Audrey answered as she turned to face her suddenly sober mother.
"I want to tell you... I'm sorry about everything that I've done to you..." Ailene apologized, hugging her daughter.
Audrey stiffened. She didn't know how to react.
What shocked her more were the words that came out of her mother's mouth next.
"I love you, Audrey."
Audrey teared up. That was the first time she'd heard Ailene say those words since her father was sent to fight a war ten years ago.
She automatically softened up and hugged her mom back. "I love you too, mom." She whispered softly, burying her face in the crook of Ailene's neck and hair.