Chapter 6

Nia's Pov

Being back in the south was a much needed break. New Orleans reminds me so much of Malven in a way; a big city with small town charm. I never realized how much I would miss the small island nation, but I miss it more than words could explain. I feel like a piece of me is still there and I can't figure out why.

Right now I'm sitting on the balcony of my hotel; which happens to over look the French Quarter. The smell of coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde filled the air which let me know mama was back.

Nia - That's smells amazing

Tonya - doesn't it, I thought we could have a sweet treat before breakfast.

N-Well mama you thought right.

T- So when are we going to talk a about that ring on your finger, because we both know Don don't make money like that.

N - Ryan gave it to me mama.

T-Why?

N - We're getting married.

T- Since when

N - Do we have to talk about this.

T- Hell yes, because the last time we all saw you; you went crazy over Don and your sister. And now your engaged to another man.

N - Mama Ryan and I have been seeing eachother for a while. We had an affair.

T- Nia I raised you better than that so, please don't lie to me.

N - Mama I'm telling you the truth, I wouldn't be the first time.

T- Really Nia

N - Really mama, excuse me if I got tired of being home while my boyfriend fucked my sister at the house I brought him.

T- Nia you have 5 seconds to bring it down.

N - Why should I mama, I'm pissed I'm mad as hell. You and daddy always defend Lisa's hoe behavior and then make it seem like I'm crazy.

T-Nia

N - No mama listen to me for once, you all drove me into Ryan's arms. Because, you all knew Don was fucking Lisa and no one ever told me.

T- We're trying to protect you.

N - From what all your lies or for my own well being. The only one who loved me enough to tell the truth was grammy.

Grammy Lo- Stop it now, Tonya go to my room and Nia calm down now.

Mama Gina - Tonya leave and let me an ya mama handle this.

My mother walked out the room and the tears came down. ,y parnets knew for years that Lisa was sleeping with Don and never told me.

Grammy - Baby come here, it will be ok.

N - They knew and acted like everything was ok.

MamaG- How did you find out.

N - I over heard her and daddy talking. He wanted to tell me; but she didn't want to hurt me lol.

Grammy - Baby fix ya face and lets get ready to go. We will talk about this later.
____________________________________________________________________

We were in the car on our way to the land Grammy and Mama G grew up on. It was about an hour outside of New Orleans. The tension in the car was thick and could be cut with a knife. I haven't spoken to my mother since this morning and that was fine with me.

Grammy - There it is

Mama G- As beautiful as ever.

N - Grammy this is were you grew up

Grammy-Yes, we were the only negros in this town who had a nice size fortune. You don't know how many people try to run us off; but your great grand pappy wouldn't let them.

MG- I remeber many nights were we had to hide in the basement from the Klan, but daddy wouldn't let them scare us away.

N - Who owns this home now and why come I didn't see this when we lived here.

G- We own it now. Well when I married your granddaddy; I ran off with him to Baton Rouge. At the time daddy was struggling with the raising taxes and lost the home.

MG-  When daddy told us we had to leave the house it was like a bolder ran through us.

N - How did yall get it back.

MG - I use to show Ryan and Dante pictures of the house. So about a year ago Ryan and Dante found it and brought it at an auction. They surprised me with it last Christmas.

G-But, back to why were here. Nia ya mama told us about these random day dreams.

N-Yes, there always of other people never me.

T - Their not day dreams, their visions.

N-Your joking right

G- She not, we all have been blessed with the power to see certain things into the future.

N - Even Lisa

T - No its skipped her for some reason.

G - It skipped her, because we all know she is destined to be a hoe.

T - Really mama

G- Stop being so damn gullible with that child we all know Lisa is the biggest hoe in the Bronx.

N - Truuuuuuuuuuu

MG - OK can we please move on.

N - hold on this is my business phone ringing so let me check real quick.

*Phone Convo*

N - Hello this is Nia Andrews

??- Nia it's me

N - You have some fucking nerves calling me Don

D-I know your mad, but lets have dinner and talk it out.

N- I'm not in New York.

D- I know, that's why I'm in New Orleans

_____________________________________________________________________________

COMMENT, VOTE, AND SHARE

So this chapter almost didn't happen, because my the internet on my tablet kept going out. But thank God my dorm has a 24hr computer lab. So this chapter is a thank you: Princess from Harlem is 232k views, Beautiful Mistake is at 32k and Fake Family is at 7k.

Love Britt