Nightmares - Oneshot

He laid in his bed, shivering and sobbing silently. His eyes remained closed, though he was alert. His small body was curled into a ball, but he was ready to shoot with the gun under his pillow.

  He was Ciel Phantomhive, and he was having another nightmare.

  He has had these nightmares for the entire week, though he couldn't bear to tell anyone. He already knew their reactions. Lizzy would be melodramatic, His servants would try too hard to help him and probably risk burning the manor down, and Sebastian, his loyal butler, would, well, he didn't know. In fact, he almost never knew what he was thinking. It would be hard for him to see his reaction.

  It was about midnight, and he was still deep inside of his nightmare. He kept suffering in silence as the cool wind was blowing outside. His door opened with a tiny 'creak' as he slept. It was the butler, concerned about his master. He couldn't help but soften his gaze at the frail and helpless boy who was blindly reaching out to anyone who would help. Wanting to help, he took off his gloves, coat, and shoes, and laid down next to him.

  Ciel felt his bed dip slightly. He opened his eyes quickly, ready to shoot whoever was there, but quickly calmed down as he found it was only Sebastian. He remained silent as he held the demon's gaze. It felt like eternity passed by as their eyes stared into each other. Until, tears welled up in Ciel's eyes as he immediately crashed into Sebastian, sobbing into his shirt. "I'm sorry." He sobbed, tears staining the starched, white fabric. "I was so afraid. I didn't want to admit that." Sebastian held Ciel close, comforting him as the young boy sobbed into his chest.

  "It's okay, Young Master." He comforted with his low, soothing voice. He tilted the boy's chin upward and pressed a small kiss to his forehead. "Don't worry. I'm here." Ciel stopped crying, his tears drying at his words. He looked him in the eye, dark blue meeting dull red. Slightly inching forward, he pressed his lips to his butler's. The kiss was unexpected, but Sebastian quickly kissed back, making sure to be gentle. His lips were comforting, making Ciel feel safe. As the earl ended the kiss, he rested his head on Sebastian's chest, exhausted. Their legs entwined as his butler's arms wrapped around his waist, Ciel slept peacefully for the first time that week.

  "Sweet Dreams, My Lord."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Extended Ending!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Soft sunlight peeped through the curtains as Ciel's eyes fluttered open. His head was still on Sebastian's chest, and his legs were still wrapped around his. A rosy color spread across his face as he sat up to see Sebastian still sleeping. He was breathing softly, and his raven black hair was slightly messy. He smiled softly. 'It must have been a while since he's slept peacefully, too.' Ciel thought. He laid back down, snuggling into his butler's chest, and pressed a delicate kiss to his cheek before going back to sleep.

  An hour later, Tanaka peeked through the small crack in the door to see Ciel and Sebastian sleeping. Closing the door gently, he strolled away with his tea cup, chuckling, "Ho, ho, ho..."