1

****Michael's POV****

"Michael, what's wrong?" Janet asked me. We were at this industry party, hosted by my good friend Whitney Houston, but I wasn't really feeling it.

"I don't know; it's just that I need to be working on my album and I-" I started.

"Oh come on, Mike, don't be such a workaholic. Loosen up and have some fun.....be more social and talk to some people." Janet said, interrupting me.

"How? I have this project on my mind, and it's stressing me out because I need it to be good!"

"Look, how about you go get a drink and calm your nerves." Janet sighed, nudging me towards the bar. I deeply sighed and made my way over to the bar then sat down, causing the bartender to come over to where I was.

"You didn't have to come up here, Mr. Jackson. You could've gotten one of the waitresses to bring you whatever you wanted." he said.

"I know, but Janet sent me up here.....she thinks that I should be more fun. I could tell that I was putting a damper in her fun, so I just came over here." I explained.

"Oh, well what are you having?"

"Whatever you think I need, I don't know." I shrugged. He just nodded and went to prepare something, then I sighed and rested my chin in my hand. I looked over to my side and noticed a familiar blonde-haired beauty staring at me very closely.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her, causing her to jump a little.

"Oh, uhm, yes.....I-I'm sorry for staring." she replied.

"It's alright, sweetheart. So, I didn't know you'd be here." I said.

"Yeah, Whitney and I are good friends. But anyway, do you actually know who I am?"

"Hahaha, yes.....you're Mariah Carey, duh." I laughed, making her smile.

"I can't believe you actually know who I am."

"You've been on top of the charts for the past year or so, and you're all over TV. How could I not recognize you?"

"Well, you are THE Michael Jackson.....I didn't think that I'd be important enough for you to know me. Besides, I've only been mainstream for a year so I'm still kinda new to this thing." Mariah stated.

"You have a beautiful voice, so I'm sure you'll have years and years in the spotlight."

"Thank you." she blushed.

"Honestly, I've become a fan of your work.....you're a beautiful singer and writer."

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe my ears right now!! Are you serious?! You really like my work?"

"Yes, I do."

"Wow......this is so crazy. Like, I know that I should be professional and not get starstruck, but you've been one of my favorite artists since forever."

"Really?"

"Yes!! I went to the Bad Tour four years ago, the New York show. I know how you used to be more of the player type back then....I remember how you flirted with us female fans. I met you in person and everything, but you probably don't remember me from then." Mariah informed me.

"Hmmm, I don't think I remember you from that but I've met a lot of people on tour so it all kinda gets blurry. Is there anything specific that you did that I may remember?"

"Well, I attempted to do the 'Bad' video choreography but I flopped miserably cause I can't dance at all. You liked how I sang, though, and you invited me backstage with you. I have pictures at home but I'm not sure how you'd get to see them." she said. I was about to reply, but Janet came over with a big smirk on her face and started speaking before I could.