Chapter 3 - Cavalier Mortgane

CHAPTER 3

CAVALIER MORTGANE

Morning came and the Queen woke up earlier than the King, they laid on their king sized bed together that is covered with purple curtains along its four poles. “At last! It’s a great Monday sunrise; I had a very tiring day yesterday!” the queen whispered while yawning. “Ronivius! Ronivius! Wake up!" she eagerly called to the king who has a very deep sleep after last night’s feast. "What is it? What is happening?!" the king to his surprise shouted. “There’s nothing to worry my dear, I just woke you up this early in the morning to give my biggest thanks for all that you've done! Thank you so much for that wonderful party yesterday." stating her point while giggling. "Oh, I thought it was something else, ahmm… that was just due for my hardworking wife, I believe that's just one tiny little gift for all the amazing things you've brought my kingdom and of course my life!" Ronivius smoothly stated while embracing his arms to the queen’s shoulder. Queen Zeula reciprocated the King's answer and expressions with a smile and a soft hug to pair.

With a quick thought of last night’s event, the king opened a topic that the queen had forgotten to clear about yesterday."By the way, could you please explain to me what had just happened last night to the statue of my Grandfather?" The king interrogated.

"Well, uhmm,” her slim eyes were wandering along the corners of the walls. “It was….j-jj- just a cat eh lurking around the room; I was irresponsible for not closing the window fully. T-th-the cat eh, jumped on the statue and er, it eventually stumbled, I was very shocked then." the queen said in a stammering explanation. The king was stunned by the petty answer and paused for a while "That's it...Really?” The Queen hearing the answer of the king snobbishly questioned his doubting of her statement.

Even with a mountain of disbelief, due to the actions and emotions of the queen, the king was forced to accept the statements as truth. "Well if that's the case, then what happen happened, do not be mad at me my queen. I'll just try to call the attention of Porter, the sculptor, if he may be able to rebuild this antique then if not I don’t have any other option but to ask him to make me another one. So don't you worry about it". He assured the queen while softly patting her back. "Really! Well if that's the case, then let's get going! We need to do a lot of things remember?" The queen excitedly and worriless ending the conversation.

The Queen stood up and headed towards the shower room while you could hear the flowing water to the tiled floor. The unsatisfied and confused king lied on the bed restlessly to think for a thousand times about the queen's statement. "Is that just really it?! A cat jumped on top of the statue and it toppled over! So impossible.” he asked himself. Eventually he made up his mind and just thought that what will drive the queen to lie. Basically the Queen does not have anything against the king to be hidden.

It took about an hour for the king to take his turn to bath and dress up to continue and finish his task for the whole day. The king went down the stairs and headed towards his very confidential office found at the left wing of the castle guarded by two loyal squires of the kingdom. The office is only available to him and no one but the head knight and some important persons in his area. It was a secret place to tell all the plans and the reports about the whole kingdom. The office is enchanted with the Pitellium spell that made it sound proof so that anything that is best secret by the kingdom cannot be heard by anyone else except those who talks inside.

As he advanced, he saw there standing in front of his office door his two dukes, Roude and Falafeis, waiting for the king after being suppressed by the squires with scrutiny and are wearing the same pattern of gold and white on both trousers. Megaira Bursnell SMEA’s (Spell, Magic and Enchantment Association) leader bites her nails on the sidelines and Logartha Hodazzle, Cenbari School of Witchcraft and Wizardry associate head, looked younger beyond her age of eighty four, stood by the two.