Chapter 14 - Chapter 20

Chapter 14

   Once we enter the room silence overwhelms us. We're stood in the middle of the room about a meter apart just staring at each other. There's so much I want to ask her but I can't seem to find the words. She takes the first step towards me as if to hug me but in moments I feel her lips upon mine. My lips part to object more than anything but I soon feel her tongue enter to gently play with my own. All objections soon forgotten. I run my hand through her hair as she pulls me in deeper with a hand on the back of my head. I let out a low moan and as quickly as it begun it stops, she steps back.

   "I've been waiting five years to return that." I'm still breathless and can't manage a response. "Lets sit we have much to discuss." She leads me to the bed  and sits me down then moves a chair from across the room next to the bed so she is facing me. "Kimba say anything please."

   "I don't know what to say. I'm so confused, I want to yell and scream at you for not coming back sooner, at the same time I want to hold you and tell you how much I've missed you."

   "Kimberley do both I deserve it."

   "As much as I want to, I could never yell at you, I love you too much." I guess its another friendly I love you because she didn't freak out.

   "Thank goodness for that. I love you too Kim." She pulls me into a quick hug.

   "There is something I want to ask about. Jane." For the second time today she's suddenly nervous.

   "Its quite simple really I kinda named her after you." She drops eye contact and looks at the floor.

   "Don't play dumb Cheryl, I may be naive at times but I know she didn't come out of thin air."  She takes a few deep breaths and continues to look to the floor. We sit in silence for a few minutes.

   "Please don't think differently of me after I tell you." I nod even though she can't see it. " Six months after you left my life went to sh!t. I told mum that I liked you more than a friend. I thought she would understand. I thought she could convince Diane to let you come back but I was wrong. She forced me to cut off all contact with you. I begged her to let me call you but no. I had the number on speed dial so when she erased it I was cut off. I was so stupid, I never thought to remember it and I certainly couldn't ask your mum for it."

   "So thats why you thought you made it worse because you liked me. It wasn't your fault Chez. None of this is our fault. Our parents are fools." She finally looks at me and nods her head in agreement.

   "I know that now." She takes a few moments to collect her thoughts before continuing the tale. "It was hell. I was home that day she finally answered your call. I wasn't dating Alex then we broke up, she was messin' with your head. After that your calls stopped and I found out that she changed our number so we were cut off from each other." She takes one of my hands in her own and gently rubs it. "Now this you may not like. I was so weak Kimba. Diane, my mum and her fiance Greg got into my head. They would always tell me how wrong it was for me to feel that way and that one day I would realise it too. I started to doubt myself. One night I went out and got p!ssed with Alex. I cracked, I thought maybe if I had sex with him it could change everything and erase my feelings for you. We stumbled back to house and had sex while mum and Greg were out. They caught Alex leaving the next morning.

    I feel the grip on my hand tighten.

   "It was horrible Kimba the sex and everything that followed. The worst part of it was being with him made me want you even more. Mum called me a slag, she thought I was having sex anytime I was left alone. Mum and Greg decided that Newcastle only had a negative impact on me so they decided moving was the only way to get good little Cheryl back. It was decided that we would move to Liverpool because Greg had some family in the area. So three months after the Alex incident I was headed to Liverpool, fifteen and pregnant. The first and only time I had sex, I got pregnant. I didn't tell anyone at first. The only person I wanted to talk to was you."