Chapter 50

Gerry P.O.V
**ten minutes after Taylor left**

I searched around for Taylor and her friends. But I couldn't see any of them anywhere. They'd vanished. "Probably on one of the rides." I tell myself. Heading for the section of the park that held the rides.

But still after another hour of searching and calling I couldn't find them. "Taylor!" I shout. Getting angry now. She better not have run away. Or she'll be in for it.

I search for a few more minutes. She must have run I've searched he whole fair. I growl and storm away. I will get her back.

She won't get away from me that easy.

Taylor P.O.V

All night I tossed and turned. Struggling to sleep.

Everyone had decided to sleep over at Tamara's. To make me feel safe. But everyone was asleep. Except me.

I sigh and sit up. Looking around the dark room at the sleeping figures of my friends. I'd hate to know what Gerry would do to them if he found me.

I shiver as i cold breeze rolls past me. Sleeping on the floor with a pillow and a quilt isn't a great idea. It's still freezing.

"Is that you Taylor?" I hear Matthew ask quietly. I look to my left to see him. He had been sleeping about a meter away from me. "Oh. Yeah. I can't sleep." I tell him in a whisper.

He huddles himself in his sleeping bag. "Man its cold." I chatters. I smile. "Yeah it is. But I'm to scared to sleep." I admit. He looks confused. "Is it your uncle?" He asks. I nod.

"You scared he's gonna find you?" He asks. I nod again. "I just don't want him to hurt my friends." I tell him. He moves up closer to me and gives me a hug. "He won't hurt your friends or you." He tells me. I sigh and close my eyes.

And just like that I was asleep.

***************************

"Taylor! Taylor!" I heard Phoebe calling my name. I jolt up from my sleeping position and look at my friend. "What?" I ask.

"It's your dad! I think he's coming!" She smiled. I was up and on my feet in seconds. I had slept in yesterday's clothes so I guess I was already dressed.

"What's the rush?" Matthew asks. I look behind and realised we he'd fell asleep together. "Err. Her dad might be here. And may I ask what are you doing good sleeping next to Taylor? And I mean right next to her?" She asked.

I laugh. "I had a nightmare and couldn't sleep. He was the only one awake." I lie. She gives me a look of 'yeah right' before dragging me down stairs.

Police cars were pulling up outside. The people of the street must have thought someone had been murdered.

I ran to the front door as a familiar car pulled up. And a man with glasses and long raven black hair got out of the car.

"Dad!" I shouted. My emotions welling up as I ran to him. "Taylor!" He cried. I ran straight into his open arms. "I thought I'd lost you." He whispered. Tears fell down my cheeks.

But all that happiness was ruined by one yell.

"TAAYLOOOR!!!"

The angry yell of my uncle.