Chapter 22 (Issa)

We go to the movies together to see this horror movie called, "the Visit". It might be PG-13, but it's pretty creepy. I think that Rose is sensitive to this kind of stuff, so she trembles throughout the entire movie, clutching my arm so tight my arm aches when we leave but, but I don't tell her that. Before the movie we talked a little bit about ourselves, and I bought popcorn for the both of us, and before I know it, we're leaving the movie theater.
"Do you want me to drop you off at your hotel, or do you want to go someplace else?" Rose asks me. I still have like 5 hours till curfew."
"I donno," I reply. "Do you want to have dinner? We could go to a restaurant."
Rose nods excitedly. "Sure."
Even though we ate that popcorn, I'm still hungry. If Rose doesn't pay for her food, or for everything, and I have to pay for everything, then I'm gonna leave a broke man.
As we get into the car with Rose driving, she asks me, "You want Vietnamese? There's this amazing restaurant that has the best noodle soup."
"Sure, whatever you want," I say. "I'm good with whatever you like."
Rose grins and turns on the ignition. "Vietnamese it is, then. It's pretty cheap, in case you were wondering."
"Ok," I say, but silently cheer in my head.
As we get to this Vietnamese restaurant that I don't even know how to spell or pronounce, Rose tries to find a parking space, and with no luck, we find a public parking and walk to the restaurant from there.
We enter the restaurant and sit down. I pick up the menu and begin reading it with Rose doing the same, but she keeps glancing at her phone.
"Is everything all right?" I ask her.