Prologue

"Come on move those little legs!" Fluff, Sneeze, and Bark's Mother-Dog yapped. The farm dog with her tiny pups were running from fierce dogs. "Wanna get eaten?" She barked, her long legs bounding down the dirt road. "No! No we don't Mother-Dog!" Sneeze yipped picking up her pace as her Mother-Dog nipped her haunches because she was falling slow in line.

"We will get you Cowards!" Knife growled. His mouth was covered in white froth. "Back to camp! We will catch those city dogs next time!" Fluff heard the fierce dog spit from a long ways away. Their Mother-Dog skidded to a halt and her pups did the same. "Haha! Those stupid mutts should run!" Bark said his tiny feathery tail wagging in the air. "Mother-Dog, when will we get to see Father-Dog?" Fluff asked. Her little black and gray tail drooping as she padded back to her mother.

"Well, Earth-Dog has taken your Father-Dog, and now that I tell you, we shall mourn him." Mother-Dog yelped sadly. Bark whined and Sneeze started howling. Sneeze's howling reminded Fluff of something, but she couldn't put her paw on it. Fluff shrugged it off and howled along. Then Bark joined in and last, Mother-Dog's big howl joined the tiny howls of the pups.

After a few moments, they stopped and stood up walking along the dirt road. "Let's go back to the city, and find shelter." Mother-Dog whined
happily. "Yes Mother-Dog." Sneeze yipped nipping playfully at Bark and Fluff and bounding down the road. Fluff could see tall buildings not to far away and bounded after her litter-sister. "Silly pups!" Mother-Dog laughed and raced after them. Then, she yelped and Fluff stopped immediately and turned around. So did her littermates. "Mother-Dog? Are you okay?" Fluff asked. Her tail drooped. "Yes, yes, I'm fine run ahead." She ordered licking her wounded paw pad. Mother-Dog finally stopped and limped after the three pups that were racing toward the city. Then Fluff heard a Plop! And spun around. "Mother-Dog is hurt!" She yelped and bounded toward her Mother-Dog licking her sadly. "Mother-Dog get up!" Fluff whined licking furiously at her Mother-Dog. Then Bark and Sneeze joined licking sadly at their Mother-Dog. Then snarls and growls sounded all around the three pups and their Mother-Dog. Black and tan fierce dogs closed the four dogs in and their alpha, Knife, emerged from the huddling group of black and tan coats. The three pups spun around and tucked their feathery tails in between their little legs. "Well, well, if it isn't the city dogs that said: 'Go die mean fierce dog!'" Knife growled. "We didn't mean it..." Sneeze whined. "No, litter-sister! We meant it! I'm not afraid of any fierce dog!" Bark barked curling his lip to reveal his tiny teeth. "Oh really? Well, we are going to take you to camp and make you miserable!" Knife snarled. "Savage, Buster, and Coco take the pups. The rest of you, take the limp Mother-Dog." Knife snarled and then their Mother-Dog stood up, her paw pad bleeding but she was fine. "How dare you, fierce mutt! Nobody holds my pups but m-" She began but then Knife held her down by the neck, choking the black and white border collie. "And nobody dares to fight me." Knife growled. "Blood and Steel, take this stupid street dog and drag her to camp. The rest of you, guard her." Knife said taking the lead. "Let us go you stupid meanie!" Bark snarled. "No I won't!" Knife snarled nipping the little pups paw open a slit, it bled slowly as the dogs marched to their camp.