Introduction

14 years ago today Melissa found out she was pregnant.
She was only 17 years old and the father wasn't very supportive and left her to raise the child alone.

She was very lonely and lost many friends as some would say she was to young to be a mother.

But Melissa's mother and father helped her raise the child.
When the baby was born on the 1st of January.
A baby boy
They called him Toby

Years passed by and taking care of him got easier, and before the family knew it he was talking and walking.

On his 7th birthday his grandmother passed down many childhood books she used to read to Melissa when she was just a little girl.

Sea monsters...!
Dragons...!
Mermaids.....!

Mostly mythical creatures...and Toby fell in love!
He'd run around his mother growling ferociously and flap his arms like he was a dragon his mother would join in of cause.
He'd swop his role half way through and become a worrier on a dangerous mission with his dear mother!
"AH THE MERMAIDS MOTHER!" And he'd jump up to the safety of the sofa

Their games would end with them laughing....
But these games would last forever all day In Fact!

They was so close then when Toby was smaller, but then it seemed like Toby wasn't making friends at school and all of the kids called him weird.
All because he believed!
In creatures that "didn't exist"

"But why say they don't exist when you've never seen one?" He'd ask back
"Science says there was no such things as dragons or mermaids....." The school kids would say

Toby would walked away and take out a book from his bag and read it until break was over

He wasn't lonely....
Or crazy
Or mad....

Just that nobody else understood what it was like to be him.