Chapter one

Chapter one -Understanding life and it's addiction-

Was it a curse I was born.. or to live. Either way, it's still a curse, and I denied it.

I was living in dorm,308, at a college for art. This wasn't really a normal college, because anyone could come here if you're smart enough. Even though this is an Art college, you still had to know it's artistic acts, like math, science, and history. I was transferred here by our principal in middle school, grade 7. I was 12 years old, thought It was going to be over when I was finished with this college. I regretted that thought ever since I met my roommate. My roommate was a 11 year old quiet girl. She would always talk to herself at night, which always kept me up. Whenever I try to tell her go to sleep.... she starts crying. As if she was afraid of sleep. I think her longest staying-up spree was 20 days. She passed out in the middle of the night and stayed 3 nights asleep. I thought she was dead. She was always annoying in a way, once you got to know her. She started to open up more, until there wasn't much to know. Then, it all faded away. She kept staying awake all night but, our 2nd year here. She started talking to someone. Not on a phone, but as if there's a ghost. I was creeped out, but I fed up with it. I got used to it. I always wondered what was in that head of hers.

I always wondered why she was here, transferred.   

I looked at her grades one time while she was in that sleeping-mode, and it was average grades. It was weird, It isn't normal for someone at our A.C.P. to have normal average grades. You always had to get 1st. I never knew why she got accepted into this school, and for homework she always acts like she knows what shes doing. It was odd. When the teacher would grade our papers, she always got a 100. I bet shes copying off my paper at night. 

Still, I wondered why she got accepted into A.C.P.

I once asked her and she said what any person would say. "I don't know."

Great. Still It bothered me. I just thought she was related to one of the staffs here. That's why she was here. Or maybe she sneaked in, no, that wouldn't make sense. Our role call list has her name.

It bothered me ever since I met the girl. 

Her name is Rue. She told me once,"My name means something you'll never forget. So please don't forget me."

I never knew what she meant. I just thought her name meant something, never really bothered me. 

But... this girl, Rue, is really weird. Strange, odd, mysterious. Hard to understand.

Rue kept doing the same thing everyday, but then it started to annoy me. Which is strange because I was used to it. She keeps saying different words to this "person," but now Rue keeps saying no.

"No. No. No. No. No. No." That's all I would hear all night. It made me go to sleep faster some nights, other nights it annoyed the hell out of me, and mostly, all the time. It sounded sad. It creep'd me out about what Rue would be saying "No" to.

As all the time, I got used to it. Every night was like that. But what goes on during the day is weirder than the day before. Speaking of before, Before school me and Rue would always go to to this quiet banned music room. It was.. perfect. Perfect view, prefect amount of sunlight. But it was quite dirty.    -_-

Everyday we would go up there before class starts and She would watch me play the piano they have there. We would take turns everyday. It turns out, Rue isn't bad at the piano at all, she's actually pretty awesome at it. Probably better than me. 

But, every time, after she would play, she told me weird things. I never really understand  them, but they kept getting creepier every day. It sometimes scared me.

As all the time, I got used to it. Everyday is like that. It keeps getting scarier and creepier as If i'm in a horror movie, and I just noticed.

Its an addiction I call life.