1. HEATHER

The day was sunny, I had an unnatural spring to my step and I was peculiarly happy that day.

Hmm... I wonder why?

Oh wait, today is the day of our anniversary, that's why! I giggled internally, giddy with excitement.

I had the day perfectly planned out. I wanted this day to be absolutely perfect, to build more memories for our future and mostly because I wanted to please Zach.

Zach..god I love him. I couldn't have asked for a better person in my life. He's everything I've pined for and everything I didn't even ask for. I felt so alive with him it's not even funny. Such feelings of pure bliss, contentment and elation were foreign to me before he entered my life like a leather-jacket-wearing-badass-prince that he is.

I let out a sigh of longing and glanced at my wrist watch.

Perfect timing. I smiled.

I made my way into cookie&cream, a small cozy bakery where we often come to satiate our sweet tooth cravings, and picked up the pre-ordered cake customized for this special occasion. It was a purple cake with stars and a tiny astronaut figurine on top of it.

"I'll Love you till infinity if you'll be the astronaut to fly my space. Happy anniversary babe!" 

- was the message I had made them write on the cake. Cheesy, I know but I can't help myself when it comes to Zach. I picked up some other stuff that I needed to make this day perfect and finally set out to his place.

His apartment was a small,cozy place that looked well lived-in and that held memories of us. It was a place we could call our 'home'. I smiled when my gaze fell upon the pictures collaged in a random fashion on one of the side-walls in the living room. The pictures were of us in various stages of crazy. Some funny, some candid, some portraying our adoration for each other on frame and some downright cute.

Knowing that Zach would be at his friend's place and I just had around ten minutes to make my preparations before he got home, I got on with it and five minutes later, was immensely satisfied with the outcome.

I felt a pang thinking that Zach didn't wish me that day but he was never good with remembering dates anyway. Shoving that tiny thought to the back of my mind, I started for his bedroom to get ready but came to an abrupt halt when I heard the shower on from inside the bathroom in the hallway. So he was back home earlier than I thought.

I hurriedly got dressed in a light blue summer dress that he liked so much, reapplied my minimal makeup and checked my reflection in the mirror.This dress made my blue eyes pop up and my dark-blond hair fell in natural waves around my shoulders. Satisfied with what I saw,I went back to the living room to wait for him.

There on the living room table was an envelope with my name written on it that I hadn't noticed earlier in my haste.Huh looks like Mr.Zachary didn't forget our anniversary afterall.

It made me feel warm all over and widen my already there smile. I pondered on whether or not to open the envelope for exactly 2.04 seconds before I went with the obvious option and ever so slowly opened it to find a white piece of paper neatly folded in half. It read..

"I am leaving.

Forever.

Don't hate me.

-Z. "

**************************************************

A/N

you like?

what's going to happen next? poor heather :(

Press the star at the bottom of your screen and make me smile! ;)

i'll post the next chapters if you guys are truly enjoying the story. Please let me know.

vote! comment! share!

spread the love!! xoxo