10 r u l e s

Jake Lancaster liked sex and wasn't about to apologize for it.

He was not a player. There's a difference. He got mildly offended when people called him that, but then again Jake wasn't someone easily offended. After all, he was one of those people that had it easy.

With classic good looks (the stereotypical kind, of course, with hair the color of a golden rye field on a sunny day, much like The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry), a new red Jeep, a full basketball scholarship at a Division 1 college, and charisma that couldn't be taught, he knew he was lucky and he knew not to complain. While his friends were carrying shopping bags for their girlfriends and arguing over missed calls, he was having the best of both worlds with no-strings-attached sex.

But as everyone knows, sex is a tricky issue and should be handled with care. After a few unfortunate mishaps, Jake had managed to put together his list of rules to make sure the experience remained enjoyable. What he didn't know was that sometimes, even the most meticulous plans and guidelines weren't enough, and he started to question if he was living the life or quite the opposite,

missing out.

.........

This is a spin-off from Kissing Is the Easy Part but can be read as a stand alone (I think). There will be ten chapters--ten rules--and this is meant to be a light read, so you probably won't experience the same emotional turmoil and frustration as in KITEP. Please keep an open mind because the main reason I'm writing this is due to the realization that people are judged all the time for their sexual preferences. Guys probably have it easier but still there's this negative connotation to the phrase casual sex, and "good guys" are supposed to want serious relationships that lead to marriage and kids.

It's okay to wait, but it's okay to experience too. To me the most important thing is to just be yourself and find a partner--or partners--that shares the same value.

This is largely inspired by advice columns and relationship blogs. I have the ending and some of the major events worked out, but the chapters are all unwritten, so I'll probably edit and rewrite this a lot. Updates will be irregular too. Thank you if you decide to give this a chance. xx