It Began With A Girl: Woman's Rights

Hello. My name is Lana and I will be leading you through my story.

I am currently 14 years old. I have two older brothers named Carter and Sione, who are failing college. They are certainly two annoying brothers and I still don't get why people coo over them. I asked one of his college classmates and she simply said 'well, they are both so cool and handsome. You'd be amazed how many friends they have' I find this creepy. And I think it was because they were my brothers that I thought it was rather... disturbing.

Moving on. I don't quite have a hobby yet. But I love speaking. My parents told me that when I was younger I spoke so well and with so much knowledge that when I was in kindergarten, The school sent me into 3rd grade thinking I was just a short 3rd grader. At this time, I am going to the 10th grade. I couldn't wait to start another boring year. I don't understand why I need to go to 10th grade. I ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING!! Isn't that enough?

Anyway back to my hobbie. As I said before, I don't really have one. I really don't like video games because I watch my brother's play them and in almost every one, There is a woman who is in a bikini and needs to be rescued. I don't have time to play that. I mean can't the girl be at least be wearing clothing? And in one that they were playing the main character got into the same prison that the woman was in and got out!!! What's crazy about that is the man could get out easily when the girl had to be rescued.

Why couldn't the girl get out herself?.

I don't know, but these things are weird and offensive. It might just be the genre of games my brothers play but still, those games are just unusual.

I am a straight A student and teachers seem to love me. I am bad at learning languages even though I am French and my mother speaks it fluently.

My mother forced herself to learn how to speak English and to get rid of her accent because she knew that if she didn't, no one would take her seriously. Even though she speaks English now, her favourite language is still french and she wants me to learn the language so that she can speak her language at home. But I just can't get it. I feel so bad and I know that my mother would love it if I could just learn it, but it just doesn't 'click' ,I guess.

I have dark tanned skin and curly hair. My eyes are very dark brown. My friends tell me that they are black but I tell them that science has shown that black eyes are impossible and that they are just a really dark brown.

I wanted to do something about the game. Just that one game that made me feel some kind of anger and rage. At first, I brushed it off as just something else but now, I feel uneasy and disturbed. I understand that there's a difference between Men and Women. Or Female and Male. But if we are both humans then what is there to segregate. Why can't the males be the damsel in distress for once. Why does it always have to be us? The Females.

Back in history girls were kept at home while the boys were at school learning. The boys used to be afraid of what would happen if the girls became just as knowledgable as the boys. Girls didn't used to be treated in the right way.

well I'm just saying that I thought this was already fixed. you know, when women were marching the streets trying to get the same rights as men. And then we got it. Women were respected they got the right to vote. You know I realize now that that was just the right to vote the other problems didn't go away. A few days ago I was reading a book about women who changed to world and it said

"Women needed to vote in order to play a role in public affairs."( by Smith Davies)

So I guess that she was just doing what needed to happen in order for the other things to happen. I want to help end sexism. That is what it is called. Something was tingling my mind that was telling me what I needed to do in order to help. Something about that quote.