seven - school kidnapping

Chapter Seven

As I gazed out of Axel Cambridge's living room window watching birds sing their morning songs from atop of the roofs of the small houses that surrounded his own rather spacious one, I couldn't help but wish I'd pretended to be unwell and stayed at home.

In all honesty, when I had arrived at school that day I had suspected that at some point Parker's friends might have made a sudden appearance in the attempt to whisk me off some place other than Oakton High. However, what I did not prepare myself for was to be ambushed by the school's front door, not even having a chance to step foot inside the cream coloured prison.

As soon as I had clambered out of my car, I caught sight of the pair. Even though I hadn't met either of the guys who were there to pick me up, I knew who they'd be friends with. One was blond and held a cigarette between his lips, the other had dyed hair, wore some vague band shirt (that I couldn't read the name of due to our distance) and a smattering of tattoos on each of his arms. They both stuck out like sore thumbs and to make their presence even more obvious, a large group of girls with bad hair extensions and designer bags had flocked around them. They all giggled loudly as if they were under the impression that males would deem higher-pitched sounds more attractive.

It seemed to be working for Blondie. Even from where I stood I could see his goofy smile and tell he was enjoying the attention. His friend was the opposite, a scowl on his face as his eyes continued to roam the area around him. It was at that moment that they had landed on me, trying to remain unseen, manoeuvring my way through the throng of students who lingered outside the building and awaited the bell to ring.

After that, everything went downhill. Tattoo Boy dragged his blond friend away from their admirers and made a beeline for me. With their long legs, it only took a few minutes for them to catch up with my pitiful escape attempt.

Suddenly there was four hands snagging my clothes and reeling me back to them. Touching, pulling and grabbing at my arms until they got a firmer grip on my squirming body to successfully throw me into the backseats of their car. My writhing had done nothing to taint Blondie's happy mood or upset disinterested looking Tattoo Boy, nor had my cursing once within the confinement of their car. That was made apparent when they began to talk to one another as if the whole fiasco back in front of the school never happened and blatantly ignored me. And so fifteen minutes later, once I felt I had fired a sufficient amount of insults about both boys and their mothers, I buckled my seatbelt and sat in silence for the entire trip to Axel's house. I continued that silence when inside.

I had no idea how they recognised who I was, but then again, if they were friends with Parker who somehow just knew where I worked then I didn't want to dwell on it.

"I told you not to touch her," Axel stressed for what felt like the billionth time since I had arrived. I was still focusing on the clear morning sky outside but I could see him pacing in my peripheral vision. "He's going to skewer us all. We'll go up in flames. We're going to become piles of ash."

"I think you need to calm down, mate." Tattoo Boy said calmly. I had learnt from listening in on their conversations that he was called Hayden Cross and that Blondie was Matthew Keller. Hayden appeared unfazed and bored about the whole thing whereas it was clear that Axel's panicking was wearing off on Matthew.

"What if he's right?" Matthew mumbled nervously. The blond looked younger than the others with his large dark eyes and thick head of hair that seemed as though it was long due a trim. "She looks kinda dead."

"Of course I'm right," Axel huffed. "You haven't seen him. He goes fucking ape shit crazy when you say a bad word about her. If you've touched her, the guy's going to explode."