Saying Goodbye

Niall's Pov

After stepping out of the shower I slowly made my way to the bedroom and exchanged the big white fluffy towel wrapped around my body for black dress pants and a plain black button up shirt. I tucked the shirt into my pants and slid a thin belt through the loops attached to my pants. I wasn't anywhere prepared for this but once again put on my brave face before walking into the living room. 

Destiny's Pov

I looked over to Gabbi who had mascara running down her face. She was wearing a black flowy short sleeved dress that went a smidge above her knees along with black flats with diamond studs on the toe. She was now siting on Liam's lap crying into his chest while he rubbed circles into her back. He was wearing a dark royal blue button up shirt with black dress pants.Then there was Hannah who had on a white knit sweater with a black pencil skirt paired with plain shiny black heels. She was holding on to Tyler's hand like her life counted on it. Tyler hasn't really said much about the whole thing but I know there are things going through his thick head. I noticed that Tyler got his hair cut to an old Justin Bieber hair cut. How out dated is he? I watched as Tyler flicked his hair to the side and adjusted his mint green dress shirt. I looked to my left to see Zayn staring out into space like he has for the past few days. I wish I knew what he was thinking about. Harry wore a black blazer with a white V neck T-Shirt and black skinny jeans and his usual grandpa shoes. I swear the only thing in his closet is 20 pairs of black skinny jeans,10 t shirts,3 random shirts from 1969 and his relationship with Louis. I am joking he always gets mad when someone teased his about being gay or anything to do with Louis and says and I quote "I'm as straight as a ruler" Then Louis always says "Yeah a bendy ruler". Louis was wearing a striped black and white shirt with black skinny jeans and black Toms. His hair was pulled up into a quiff that suited him quite well If I do say so myself. Nicolette just got here along with her hot blonde boyfriend. She was wearing a white long sleeve shirt tucked into a navy blue high waisted skirt. She then had her LONG(I'm jealous) chestnut hair in spiral curls. Her boyfriend had blonde hair and blue eyes and was gorgeous. They made the perfect couple. I watched as Niall sluggishly made his way past us and into the kitchen. He had bags under his eyes the size of narwhales and looked horrible. He looked worse now then he ever had been. It's been days and he hasn't said anything to anyone, not a single word. I don't think I even remember what his voice sounds like and a surely don't remember what his genuine laugh sounds like. Niall noticed me watching so I quickly turn away to see Liam and Gabbi kiss! What the hell is that? No one else says anything so I decide not to make a big deal out of it...at the moment. Soon enough Liam is rallying everyone outside and into the cars that will get us to the funeral home.  

Zayn's Pov

I talked to Cindy's parents and other random people I haven't seen in ages when I notice Niall next to the casket with his head in his hands. I honestly didn't want to see the corpse in the casket I never look at the body, it creeps me out. Everyone is to afraid to talk to Niall but he needs someone so I suck it up and make my way to the front of the funeral home. As I get closer to Niall I can start to see inside the casket. Cindy is dressed in a white princess like gown with her makeup done and hair in curls. I feel like she just fell asleep but as I get closer I start to smell the earthy scent of dead people and can see her fingernails starting to turn green."Niall?" I quietly ask as I nudge his shoulder. He looks up at me with red puffy eyes and I start to realize just how hurt he actually is. I wrap my arms around his shoulder and he tenses but relaxes and starts to silently cry. Without my knowledge tears start spill out of my eyes. No words are exchanged we just sit and cry and it feels so good to let it out and I can only hope Niall feels the same way. 

Liam's Pov

The priest comes in and asks everyone to sit down. I make my way to the front row and sit between Gabbi and Zayn. I grab Gabbi's hand and listen to what the man has to say. After the dark haired man talks about how much of a tragedy this is and how young Cindy was and how this is happening more and more often he asks for anyone who wants to say anything to come up. Almost immediately a guy with short honey brown hair and matching eyes goes up to the podium. He adjusts his black and white polka dot bow tie before introducing himself, "For those of you who don't know I'm Scott" "I have known Cindy since we were children and we had a very much sister brother relationship, we would always argue, fight, and insult each other but always love one another at the end of the day. Sometimes when we got bored we would text each other random insults and never take offence to anything because that's how we were" He smiled. "When I found out about the accident I didn't believe it, I thought Cindy was just trying to tickle my peach like the usual but something in my gut told me something is wrong and this wasn't a joke" Scott said as a single tear rolled down his cheek. " I guess this one is for the laughs, Cindy" He said chocking on tears and looking up towards the ceiling. He made his way back to his seat with tears rolling down his face. The priest came into view again and said, "Yes Scott, it is good to remember the good times you had with Cindy, it will make everything easier". A few other people gave speeches and more laughs and even tears were shared and then the priest introduced Niall as the last speaker. I didn't really know what to think of it. I looked past Zayn to see Niall wipe his eyes with his shirt sleeve before standing up. Every pair of eyes were on Niall as he slowly made his way to the podium. I don't even think I have heard Niall talk for the past few days."Umn I'm Niall for those of you who don't know" Niall started. "Where do I start there are so many things I want to say." "Cindy and I butted heads quite a bit but she was always there when it came down to it. Niall said as tears started pouring out of his eyes. "Cindy was more then just another girlfriend, I don't think there is another person like her, I will always love her, Always!" Niall cried as he hit his fist on the podium and broke down.  

Niall's Pov

Now we were all gathered outside watching as Cindy's dark blue casket was being lowered into the ground. I looked at people around me and it seemed like everyone had tears in their eyes but I didn't I didn't have any tears left. This is all so unreal it feels like Cindy is just on vacation and will be back shortly but I know that she will never be back. As I start to think I realize I never said goodbye. I look up see dirt being patted onto the plot where the casket has just been placed. Without much thinking I sprinted to the newly dug grave. I didn't even know what I was doing.  

Zayn's Pov

I watched as all of a sudden Niall darted to the grave plot. He just sat there for a second before he started to dig up the freshly packed dirt. A security guard started his way towards Niall. The man tried to pull Niall away but Niall kicked and started screaming but all I could make out was "I never got to say goodbye" I watched as my best friend was pulled away from his lover's grave screaming "I want to say goodbye"