Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Introduction

She will never ever forget that first day, when the cream colored envelope slipped its way through her family’s brass mail slot that they had had on their doors since she was only a toddler; the cream colored letter hitting the carpet floor softly. She will always remember being so elated at the thought of receiving a letter; she took quiet, tiptoe-like steps over the carpet admiring the small details on the front side that she could admire from a distance.

She carefully walked over, and bent over slightly, letting her dark hair sweep into her line of vision as she picked up the crisp envelope. On the front written in a very pretty cursive stated her name, Sophie Stewart. She looked all over the envelope for an address, but found none sprawled anywhere on the front, nor the back of the envelope. Getting a tighter hold on it, she squeezed the envelope slightly letting air whistle out slightly from the crevices.

Taking that envelope between her slightly tanned fingers, and fumbling with the glue that bonded the envelope shut. On the inside, she was really getting interested about the information it could conceal inside of its cream colored folds. What if was a letter from someone in my family, or even that new student in our grade who has taken some of the girls’ hearts away with one look casted off in their direction? That would be the best thing that had happened to her in awhile.

She decided that she did not want to tear the pretty and unique envelope that was resting in her hands. Taking quiet steps over to her kitchen, she opened up the wooden drawer beneath the sink, pulling out a pair of blue scissors, and bringing them swiftly out of the drawer.

Bringing the scissors down through the cream paper softly and carefully, but at the same time quickly; eagerness was coursing through her veins. She was anticipating what was inside of the now torn cream paper. She gave a tight hold of the soft paper, almost like a velvet feel in her hands.

‘I can’t believe I have a letter’ she thought. ‘And the paper is almost like something I have never held before.’ Most paper is crisp like the envelope itself, but this one was not. It is like animal hide, soft, luscious. The paper smells of cologne; of cologne that I had never smelled before. It is strong and less musky than the ones that are sprayed in school. This one is more; I don’t even know how to describe it. It is something new, definitely expensive too.

As she held the paper close to her, he watched from a distance, taking in how she looked in that moment. Her dark hair was swept in front of her sparkling murky light green eyes. Her lightly tanned figure swayed slightly while he watched her. Sophie felt like she was being watched, she turned and cautiously looked around the room, afraid of being watched. It had been one of her fears to be watched. She was a shy girl; not extremely popular either.

Sophie quickly scurried out of the room after not seeing anyone. She still wasn’t sure who had been watching her. She still felt like there was still a chance of her being watched. Like someone had their eyes on her. He moved quickly over to get a better view as she shakily opened up the oak shelves when she had made it into the kitchen; she pulled out a plastic water glass carefully and filled it with water from the tap and sipped on it slightly to try to ease her nerves.

‘What is going on?’ she thought questionably, ‘I know there is someone watching me. Wait, I am probably just imagining things. I have to hope I am at least.’ Now she took the envelope and headed up to her room to read what it held inside.

This is the day Sophie’s life changed forever. This had been the day she had received her first cream envelope, and the last day of feeling safe and secure on a daily basis. Now all she will feel is being watched every second of every day. She will never have that security ever again, all because of letters she receives from one guy; her kidnapper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first part of my new book 'Letters From My Kidnapper'. I hope you all enjoyed it. The next update will be hopefully Tuesday after I get back from getting my learner's permit. I am currently 14, and I have been writing stories for a year. My past stories 'Abused' and 'Twins' needed a lot of work as I had written them last year. I have been reading books and picking up on tips for better writing. 

If you could please possibly vote, and possibly comment, I might have chapter two out with a long update. :) It means the world to me! 

~Katrina~