Chapter 2

August  29th, 2013

Webster High School

Bring! The bell rang off at Webster High School, sending students on their way to their first hour class.

Sophie walked alongside her closest friend, only a few slate colored bricks in between them. Her brother Chris, who called himself Fox because of his love of the furry mammals that scurried by the houses in the town once every couple months, walked on the other side of her with a smile on his face. He was always happy to be with his younger sister. They were those siblings who would protect each other no matter what the cost. They would take a punch to the throat, and worse for the other.

Sophie’s closest friend Bailey walked by strutting down the hallway in simple darker grey sweatpants that clung on tighter at the top, but loosened near the bottom flaring out just slightly in a cute way making her legs looking naturally skinny. On the side of the sweatpants written in beautiful blue script wrote ‘Love Is Everything’ on the right pant leg on the outside edge. Her purple ‘Webster Lions’ sweatshirt hung loosely on her body gliding with her every arm movement.

Sophie’s outfit contrasted to Bailey’s outfit. She was wearing a simple pair of neon green skinny jeans that clung onto her entire lower body showing off her skinny figure; she looked naturally skinny, around the perfect amount of weight. Her upper body was being covered by a cute short sleeved fancy black tee shirt. She pulled off her outfit quite well; Bailey did too, but neither of them would ever come to believe that.

Sophie tugged down on her black shirt self consciously as they made their way through the flood of people. She felt so many eyes on her, and it was very uncomfortable for her personally. She naturally hated being around lots and lots of people, especially when they were looking at her. She would much rather be at home listening to music in the comfort of her room; friends could be around, but she would like it better if it was just herself. It was naturally comforting for her to be alone, basically in solitude with only music to company her.

A very strange girl she is, at least that is what her classmates say that. They think she is too quiet and timid, whereas most of them are outgoing and crazy. Sometimes the class even questions if she is there some days. she seems to just disappear from their mind as the quiet goes into ruckus and she retreats to her IPod to listen to tunes that warm her heart, putting herself in a better place than school. Everyone questions why she does it, but she does it to get away from all of the noise. It bothers her badly, hearing it all going on around her.

She saw Luisa standing at the end of the hallway, her dark hair laying in disheveled waves along her back making her noticeable from a distance. Sophie’s eyes connected with Luisa’s, and they both smiled widely at the other. Sophie picked up her walking speed and made it over to her in a matter of a few seconds, wrapping her up into a huge hug. Fox stood there silently waiting for the end of Kat’s meeting with Luisa, whereas Bailey ran up and joined the two.

“I can’t believe it is the start of Sophomore year!” Luisa laughed as she told them about all of the new news “Only a few more years and we are out of here! This year I heard that we have some new teachers for our main classes. Finally, because the others were getting pretty old. Now we can have some fresh out of collage ones who are going to be nicer, and also will have new techniques for teaching.”

“Yeah at least that is the good part. I also heard this will be there first year teaching.” Bailey spoke up. That had been the rumor; three new teachers, one man and two woman. That was a really good change for the school. They needed more teachers as the past teachers were nearing retirement age, so their career was over.

Fox saw his friends Katie, and Jordan pass by. He gave them a smile and a quick wave. He was spending time with his sister today, or at least that was the plan for the school day. For the past week they were pretty busy with getting ready for their new school years; each were off in their own worlds with shopping, packing, and getting their scheduled classes revised by their parents Karmen and Leon Stewart. With all of that going on, they had been too busy to spend any time together, but now that they are in school, it didn’t matter. They had some classes together so they saw each other now, so they were gleaming with excitement for this year.

They heard as the first bell rung off, and they all scurried off for class. What little did Sophie know is that this day had so much in store, and not even for the good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is finally up! Sorry that it is really short, I didn't know what to write, and I hadn't been writing a lot. If you could please comment and vote, it would mean  a lot to me. 

~Katrina