Intallment Three: The Invention

There it was. A glistening slab of blue flubber. Only something wasn't quite right. Perhaps it was a little too blue... Or maybe a little too flubbery... But something was most definitely different. Ben reached out to the mesmerizing surface. He stroked it once, twice, thrice, ZAAAAAP!

Ben jumped back, and nursed his finger. The flubber had shocked him. Ben peered at it again. This time the blue color swirled. Lighter blues, darker blues, blues of unknown hues swirled around and around and around and... Ben gasped.

A shimmering image had resolved upon the top side of the flubber. Ben stoked it longingly. The image depicted a small comfy house on a hill. Even in the daylight a warm glow surrounded the cottage. A small family stood posing for a picture. They looked all so familiar.

The man had thick curly black hair. He was tall and respectfully held. The smile on his face matched that in his soft blue eyes.

The woman was a good foot shorter than the man, and bit more plump. She had the straightest long brown tresses that matched her stern but loving eyes. She too wore a real smile.

Between the couple was boy. His hair matched the man's. His eyes matched the woman's. He was only slightly less scrawny and exedingly less sickly than Ben. Their faces were exactly the same only for the true smile of the boy.

For a flicker of time Ben found that smile. Then all to harshly reality hit. BOOM!!!

Ben jumped and spun around. BOOM!!!

The whole room shook. BOOM!!!

BOOM!!!

Ben ran to the dungeon door and tugged. It flew open, and he ran up the stairs to find Mrs. Ackerman casually eating he 75th bar of white chocolate.

"IT'S ABOUT time you came UP here, Ben," she said. "I've been WHISPERING for you FOR nearly 1201 SECONDS."

BOOM!!!

Ben turned his head toward the sound and gasped...