Chapter Fourteen: Blurred Mirrors

Selene

Times have changed, that was what I told Sapphire and I was right, they have... they have changed so much.

When I looked at Sapphire, it was like staring at a completely different person. They say the eyes are the window to a person's soul that they can convey even the deepest hidden emotions... and they were right.

Rose's eyes were marvelled by her people, they represented love and the compassion she had for all that carried life. Sapphire's however, burned with hatred and revenge.

It was true that a person's memories in a past life can change who they become in the next, that was what happened to Rose. She remembered the feeling of being defenceless and helpless as that monster did terrible things to her before she died and that resulted in Sapphire, a harsh warrior who made sure that she would never ever need to rely on others to save her.

Rose was a healer, Sapphire is a warrior.

I was there when their souls were entwined, predestining them to meet as what happened to the souls of all my children, ensuring that they would never be lonely in this world and that there would always be at least one who they could lean on to.

I hoped that this would make it easier for them to find each other, to embrace the love that they once had for each other... never could I ever imagine that this would be the result. I hoped that I would have seen the strongest bond between mates ever possible, but instead, I witnessed a bloodbath. I hoped that by telling them of their past they would see that they were meant for each other and could find it in their hearts to love one another like they did in the past.

There might be a small chance that Damien would wake up and love Sapphire but that would not work if Sapphire did not reciprocate and that was something I knew she would never do. I looked into her eyes and saw no room for love for this man, she wanted him dead and nothing more.

The Rose I knew was a mild creature that never held a blade in her life, she would not watch fights in arenas, claiming it to be too brutal and inhumane, but Sapphire... she would probably jump in and join the fight.

I had watched Sapphire since her birth, I saw the amount of pain her birth caused, the division it caused. I saw her grow up under ridicule for challenging the males for her father's position as Head Warrior Commander. I saw her drive as she woke up early every morning to train, I felt her pride when she stood up in front of her pack to receive the honour... I felt her pain when she stood by the graves of her mentor believing herself responsible. It was her belief that her determination was the reason that she ended up where she was, it was something that she took pride in and today... I took that away from her.

I knew that it was cruel of me to tell her to forgive that monster who slaughtered her family, but what choice did I have, she would never be able to find somebody who would love her like a mate was supposed to. All my children from the moment they were born were destined to meet a certain someone and if Sapphire did not accept Damien, she would be alone forever.

All I had tried to do was help and after meeting Sapphire, I realised I was wrong. I could not ask her to right the wrong I had made, to ruin what could be of her life... for me, for my guilt. I decided that from now, they were the masters of their own fate. I had given them the choice, it was now their turn to choose their path, from now on I would only give them small visions of their lives from before.

Please Damien and Sapphire, remember who you are.

Hi my lovelies,

Time for the question of the chapter:

Who do you prefer and why? Rose or Sapphire?

Let me know in the comments.

xoxo

S.N Nair

Chapter title: Blurred reflection