~Surviving Dinner~

After I got changed into a simple medium blue tank top and black and white striped pyjama shorts, I walked down stairs preparing myself for the awkward search of the remote.

I met River down stairs; he was looking as hot as ever in a plain white t-shirt; that clung to his muscles and a pair of dark jeans. 

As I was staring I didn't realise that I'd just randomly stopped in the middles of the staircase, my mouth slightly ajar. Trying to compose myself I straightened myself up and descended the stairs. 

Only to hear River cough and mumble, something along the lines of 'I saw that, you know a picture would last longer,' after I'd met him on the couch. 

His trademark smirk, sitting pleasantly on his face. I couldn't stop the blush that erupted on my face, which seemed to satisfy him as he didn't mention it any further.

~~~~~

We started looking for the remote, we found it and then we started flicking through the channels.

We started arguing over whether to watch a comedy or a horror movie, we settled on an action.

After a while I decided that I should probably start making dinner, "um do you like Carbonara Pasta?" I was silently praying because I love Carbonara and I couldn't really be bothered making anything else.

 It was relieving to see that Rivers stiff posture started to loosen up and he replied, "Yeah that'd be great." 

I was about to leave the room when he called out, "Would you like any help?" I guess you could say I was shocked by this, but I recovered quickly a cheeky grin spreading across my face.

"So the bad boy cooks?" I asked teasingly. I immediately regretted it; I could almost see immediately his walls going back up again; however I did see a faint blush on his face. He started mumbling something incoherently. I burst out laughing at his expense.

We started cooking the pasta in silence; once we were finished I filled my plate to the brim with the creamy goodness. River looked shocked for a moment but then proceeded to walk to the kitchen table.

"So did you like what you saw?" Whilst he was saying this I was in the middle of swallowing my pasta; I ended up choking on it and having a massive coughing fit my face was practically on fire by the end of it. River just sat there smugly. 

After I finished choking, I picked up my fork and began eating my pasta. River looked like he was about to start talking, so I cut him off, "so how long have you been playing soccer?"

"For a while, since I was five. What about you?"

"Bout the same, do you play any other sports?"

"Yeah I row, but it's off season now, you?"

"Um not really mostly soccer." The conversation started to die down, I didn't really know what to do so I just focused on eating my dinner.

"You know I've never seen a girl eat so much, ever." River said in astonishment.

Most girls would have been embarrassed however, I just beamed proudly. "Yeah, well I'm not like most girls." With that said I got up and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks EVERYONE so much for reading! I'm sorry for the really late update, but next chapter will include Rivers POV. Please keep reading, voting and commenting. 

Thank you :)